Model search agencies!!!

talamak

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know these modeling agencies they calm they are discovering new talent and then you get there and they tell you yes we like you and if you give us X amount of money we will get you in magazines, etc.

Why do bytches still fall for this. My chick is 30+ and she went and they told her she is model material and that she needs to pay them $350 dollars to take photos for them to put her in fashion magazines. I tried to explain that this is a pyramid type scam and she got all pissy talking about I don't support her.

You can't tell a black woman shyt. She think I'm giving her some money on that shyt. :aicmon:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
that 350 is just for her portfolio. It's not a guarantee that they'll put her in fashion magazines.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
A fool and her money are soon parted

I remember as a child me and my sister went to one.

They wanted like 1,000 bucks way back then for professional stills for our portfolio, lol mom was like hell no

All these model mayhem chicks ain't special

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
I went to one of these when I was in 7th grade. You could tell by the look of the people in there and the shyt they had people filling out it was some fraud ass shyt.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
yeah they always play these commercials for that shyt on the radio trying to appeal to kids and teens. they say "in a couple weeks a WORLD FAMOUS talent agent is coming to your town" that part cracks me up because there is no such thing as a "world famous" (:snoop: at anyone who falls for that term) talent agent. Agents are not popular with anyone. 99.9% of the population could not name 1 talent agent, also if they are famous why would the ad not mention their name. there are just so many logical problems with these type of scams you would have to be really dumb to fall for it, kinda sad because they just prey on delusional people who didn't get enough attention when they were children.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I work near a real agency and i am cool with the bookers, here is how it works, 1 day a week they take walk ins for a review, since most of them who even go have done amature work they have look books, if you are serious you must have one. Within the first minute they have decided if they can work with them, if so they are signed to a contract, this does not mean they are getting paid, just they are signed and will be represented by the agency. Agency will make sure the girls have updated books and the agency will pay for those since they go on the company website. The dreamers are sent home right away, they don't money for pictures because they will never use them in the 1st place.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I remember getting approached at the mall by some "modeling scout" and thinking I was all special :jawalrus:

... then on Facebook I found out that nikka been talkin to hella people at the mall that day :wow:

I thought I was bout to be the next big thing :upsetfavre:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
In this day and age, I figured it'd be more profitable just to get a modelmayhem account.

The few girls I've worked with have went from amateur to very professional in a short span of time.

Just sign up, find a local photographer who seems to do his job well, an MUA and do a few TFT's and you're golden. You won't be getting paid but you can't do shyt without a proper port either.

The reason modeling scams do so well is cause what girl doesn't wanna grow up to be a supermodel :ld:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I work near a real agency and i am cool with the bookers, here is how it works, 1 day a week they take walk ins for a review, since most of them who even go have done amature work they have look books, if you are serious you must have one. Within the first minute they have decided if they can work with them, if so they are signed to a contract, this does not mean they are getting paid, just they are signed and will be represented by the agency. Agency will make sure the girls have updated books and the agency will pay for those since they go on the company website. The dreamers are sent home right away, they don't money for pictures because they will never use them in the 1st place.

:beli: Most models are spotted b. They have target areas they go to, and handpick 'em. No real talent scout will ask you to pay for anything I knew a guy who ran one in Miami. He would go to Kentucky/Alabama when he needed a white chick, to Brazil when he needed a mixed chick, and Kenya when he needed a black one. On top of it, they usually take 'em young, like 15-18 years old, if you're 25+, it's a 1 in a million chance a top agency is going to hire you, you're too old. I'm not sure which countries they go to for males, but I'm sure the process is similar. A real agency doesn't go through thousands of random women. They have certain areas they target, or certain beauty contests they talent scout for. Not only that, a lot of them have portfolios of models (as f*cked up as it sounds) so it's not like they need to search all the time. It's actually pretty hard/rare to get selected by a top modeling agency. 90% of those b*tches from the Tyra Banks show were model quality but they all back in their respective hoods.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
:beli: Most models are spotted b. They have target areas they go to, and handpick 'em. No real talent scout will ask you to pay for anything I knew a guy who ran one in Miami. He would go to Kentucky/Alabama when he needed a white chick, to Brazil when he needed a mixed chick, and Kenya when he needed a black one. On top of it, they usually take 'em young, like 15-18 years old, if you're 25+, it's a 1 in a million chance a top agency is going to hire you, you're too old. I'm not sure which countries they go to for males, but I'm sure the process is similar. A real agency doesn't go through thousands of random women. They have certain areas they target, or certain beauty contests they talent scout for. Not only that, a lot of them have portfolios of models (as f*cked up as it sounds) so it's not like they need to search all the time. It's actually pretty hard/rare to get selected by a top modeling agency. 90% of those b*tches from the Tyra Banks show were model quality but they all back in their respective hoods.
huh where did i say they have to pay for one? Of course the have spotters for models but an open casting saves money and time, BMG, IMG and Boss models all open castings, to think you can go there without a book is insane, one of the reasons the spotters got slowed down is because guys were making up cards and saying they were scouts looking for talent and taking advantage of these young girls. That is a fact, ask your friend about that.