Mob Wives Star Angela 'Big Ang' Raiola Still Alive and 'Fighting' Despite Reports of Her Death, Rep

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
big-ang-01-435.jpg

JASON LAVERIS/FILMMAGIC
BY MICHELE CORRISTON

@mcorriston
02/17/2016 AT 10:15 PM EST

Angela "Big Ang" Raiola is alive despite a rumor that she died of cancer.

"The news that has been reported is TOTALLY INACCURATE," her rep tweeted in a statement late Wednesday. "Please respect her family, and their privacy at this time. ... Angela is still in the hospital surrounded by her loved ones, and is fighting."

A lifelong smoker, Raiola, 55, beat throat cancer last year only to learn this winter that the disease had spread to her brain and lungs – and that despite chemotherapy, her tumors were growing in size.

During an appearance on The Dr. Oz Show on Tuesday, the fan-favorite reality star revealed doctors had given her a 30 percent chance of survival.

"It's shocking what happened," she said. "First I thought I was cancer-free. I was gonna have a big celebration … and then a month later I was stage 4."

Model Carmen Carrera, who appeared alongside Raiola on Couple's Therapy, also disputed the false reports of her friend's passing, speaking to PEOPLE to encourage Twitter to "pray for a miracle instead of gossiping."

Carrera says she has been receiving minute-by-minute updates of Raiola though her estranged husband Neil Murphy.

"She's still breathing. She's off the breathing machine because of her ammonia. The doctor is only giving her a few hours," Carrera tells PEOPLE. "She was so close to all of us. We are so sad right now."

Mob Wives Star Angela 'Big Ang' Raiola Still Alive and 'Fighting' Despite False Reports of Her Death, Rep Says

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Terrible. She's the most level headed of all them broads and seems like good people.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
NEWS
'Mob Wives' Star Big Ang Dies at 55, Her Twitter Confirms: 'She Was Called Home'
by Jackie Willis 5:40AM EST, February 18, 2016

file.jpg

Full Size Image

Angela Raiola, known as "Big Ang", died early Thursday morning after a long battle with cancer, her friend, Vinnie Medugno, confirmed on the Mob Wives star's official Twitter account. She was 55.

"It is with sad regret that at 3:01 a.m., Angela Raiola peacefully ended her battle with cancer, and was called home," Medugno wrote on behalf of Big Ang's family. "She was surrounded by nothing but love from her immediate family and closest friends. YOU (her fans) were some of the most special people in her world, and she loved you immensely."

RELATED: Big Ang's Cancer Treatment Not Working, Family Sets Up GoFundMe Page

The message goes on to express gratitude for all the support the reality star received while ill. "Thank you for your love, prayers and unconditional support of Angela right up to the very end," Medugno wrote. "She truly went out richer than any monetary value could ever amount to. The family asks for privacy and peace during this most difficult time."

This is @vinniemedugno on behalf of the family of Angela Raiola, please see below: pic.twitter.com/wiuPApr9Lw

— Angela Raiola (@biggangVH1) February 18, 2016
Paying tribute to Raiola, her friend added, "In typical Big Ang fashion, we know she would say, 'Love you my babies!'"

WATCH: Mob Wives Star Big Ang Reveals She Left Her Husband Amid Cancer Battle

In December, ET confirmed that Raiola's throat cancer had returned.

Several months earlier, in March 2015, a lemon-size tumor was discovered and removed from her throat. Later in June, she underwent the same procedure for the right side of her throat as well. She was later diagnosed with stage 4 brain and lung cancer.

PICS: Stars We've Lost in Recent Years

In February, Raiola's family set up a GoFundMe pageto help with her doctor fees, raising over $45,000 in two weeks.

Raiola also revealed on The Dr. Oz Show that she had left her husband, Neil Murphy, as she continued her cancer battle. "I felt like he never stepped up to the plate, so I was done with it," she said. "Now, it's too late. I would rather be by myself. I would rather be alone."

Raiola also expressed gratitude for her children on the program, saying, "If it wasn't for them, how would I get through this?"

In another post to Instagram, Medugno reminded Big Ang fans of the TV star's mantra: "I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!"

Tweet
  1. NEXT POST