MMA is for white folk who can't box? (Old Mayweather clip)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even remember Floyd saying this so I thought this was some AI generated shyt.

And I'm not even sure Floyd still feels this way.
But it is sure to get MMA folks in their feelings.

:skip:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s right. It’s a sport for the lowest common denominator. It’s human cage fighting. Just look at the fans.

It’s for white folks who want to see white people appear dominant in fighting. Two poor whites in there throwing elbows and knees trying to kill each other for money they could’ve made in 6 months at Applebees.

They’ll bring up wrestling and jiu jitsu when they know the only matches people like watching are the ones when people stand up and fight.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's true. MMA's rise as a "sport" coincides with the decline of civil society.

Boxing a man's brain to pulp was at least a gentleman's way of fighting. :ehh:
giphy-18.gif

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
He’s right. It’s a sport for the lowest common denominator. It’s human cage fighting. Just look at the fans.

It’s for white folks who want to see white people appear dominant in fighting. Two poor whites in there throwing elbows and knees trying to kill each other for money they could’ve made in 6 months at Applebees.

They’ll bring up wrestling and jiu jitsu when they know the only matches people like watching are the ones when people stand up and fight.
just-bleed.gif

I fw MMA but this shyt will never not be funny

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I watch both equally, only major fights...but miss me with this race baiting shyt. MMA is dominated by Black's. It's the superior fighting sport incorporating multiple techniques. Put a top 5 boxer at 150 in a ring with a top 5 mma guy at the same weight and see who wins. No question the mma guy.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
MMA fighters always have a long resume of martial arts training. But are never dominant in any specific disclipline.
Average fighter resume goes like this,
Kickboxing - But can't compete against top talent
Boxing - but can't beat even an amatuer boxer in a sanctioned match.
Grappling - but would never qualify for oylmpic wrestling

but when allowed to employ all three, they can beat ofter fighters who themselves havn't mastered all three.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MMA fighters always have a long resume of martial arts training. But are never dominant in any specific disclipline.

but when allowed to employ all three, they can beat ofter fighters who themselves havn't mastered all three.
:lupe:

grapplers in theory have an advantage but perhaps the boxer's mastery of footwork and controlling distance is underrated?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Pereira was double champ in kickboxing before he switched to MMA. But aside from that you're correct. These guys are Jack of all trades masters of none.