Miyamoto da GAWD ethered Sonic

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
i love nintendo but miyamoto and them boys be on some bs.

dkc doubled up on smw2 yoshi's island and dkc2 was the best game released on the snes. he was clearly shook & insecure when rare came through and crushed the buildings, but in reality dkc saved nintendo because sega was clearly winning while nintendo showed an aversion to blood in games and games on cd.

but of course nintendo wound up actually ethering themselves with them shady @ss licensing rules (bye bye third parties) and going behind sony's back with phillips (because the cd-i was totally worth creating that sce behemoth that 25 years later still hasn't released foot off neck). all in the name of stubbornness and ungratefulness.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
i love nintendo but miyamoto and them boys be on some bs.

dkc doubled up on smw2 yoshi's island and dkc2 was the best game released on the snes. he was clearly shook & insecure when rare came through and crushed the buildings, but in reality dkc saved nintendo because sega was clearly winning while nintendo showed an aversion to blood in games and games on cd.

but of course nintendo wound up actually ethering themselves with them shady @ss licensing rules (bye bye third parties) and going behind sony's back with phillips (because the cd-i was totally worth creating that sce behemoth that 25 years later still hasn't released foot off neck). all in the name of stubbornness and ungratefulness.

DKC was not better than SMW, breh :aicmon:

That shyt felt sloppy in comparison when I replayed both of them last year on the SNES classic.

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)

That shyt felt sloppy in comparison when I replayed both of them last year on the SNES classic.
never said it was. i said dkc2 was better than smw and that dkc doubled smw2 sales wise (that shift :banderas:).
i got dkc2 and a playstation fall 95 and dkc2 BY FAR had more of my attention than any other game.
can't speak on the snes classic, still got the og and it plays just fine.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:patrice:

Eh....you're right but Mario was the first "superstar" mascot as far as side scroller/platformers go and I think people are getting caught up in "how is Sonic like Mario?" instead of looking at it like everyone wanted a mascot and/or a character based side scroller (Bug, Bubsy, Rayman, Taz, even lesser known stuff like Astal) after Mario.

Fred.

If he said that, I'd agree. But this looks more like some Lebron passive aggressive shade than anything.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown

I gotta agree. I've always felt that something was off about the control on DKC :yeshrug:. Amazing game, but it seems that some of the difficulty was ratcheted up because of choppy controls

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sonic was in direct competition to Mario

Sega pulled off there "edgy" mascot.

It was def shade.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I gotta agree. I've always felt that something was off about the control on DKC :yeshrug:. Amazing game, but it seems that some of the difficulty was ratcheted up because of choppy controls
:what: the controls arent choppy at all. Matter fact it was alot tighter than alot of the competition at the time. What game was yall playin?

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
:what: the controls arent choppy at all. Matter fact it was alot tighter than alot of the competition at the time. What game was yall playin?

Just comparing it to SMW... it wasn't as fluid imo :yeshrug:. I'll be the first to admit I put more hrs into SMW than DKC so I could be a lil bias :ehh: