Mint Mobile offers 12GB of data per month for $300 per year (equal to $25 per month)

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m on my 3rd month on mint and it’s been good to me :blessed:

Pretty much, if you’ve dealt with T-Mobile you get the same coverage

The only difference I’ve noticed is the download speeds are a bit slower but it’s fast enough to do what you want it to do (streaming, instagram, gps)

It’s crazy to think once I pay the $300 bill next month, I won’t have another phone bill until next year :mjgrin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been using it for I think close to a year now and it's okay. I mean the price is great but the one thing I really don't like is the service can be spotty. I've had many times calls simply not go through and I don't get a missed call notification or anything.. and this is sometimes at home or somewhere outside. Granted I tell people if they call me and it goes straight to VM to text me because my phone is never off or out of power. Speeds are similar to T-Mobile though but slower but it still works so there's that.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been using it for I think close to a year now and it's okay. I mean the price is great but the one thing I really don't like is the service can be spotty. I've had many times calls simply not go through and I don't get a missed call notification or anything.. and this is sometimes at home or somewhere outside. Granted I tell people if they call me and it goes straight to VM to text me because my phone is never off or out of power. Speeds are similar to T-Mobile though but slower but it still works so there's that.
What kind of phone you got? I’ve read somewhere not all phones work great on it

Haven’t had problems with calls/or texting at all

The worst I’ve seen is when my internet speeds are damn near 56k status :hhh:

It’s rare though. Doesn’t happen enough for me to complain about it :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What kind of phone you got? I’ve read somewhere not all phones work great on it

Haven’t had problems with calls/or texting at all

The worst I’ve seen is when my internet speeds are damn near 56k status :hhh:

It’s rare though. Doesn’t happen enough for me to complain about it :yeshrug:
I've got a Blu Vivo Xl4 but I had an LG Stylo before.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Been on mint since feb of this year and no real complaints. Download speeds are a bit spotty in certain areas but other then that it's more then worth it for the money im saving. Have no problems at all in terms of voice service.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I wish it was for hotspot devices

My brother uses it specifically for a hot spot device. The thing with mint unlike other prepaids is that it DOES allow for mobile hot spot,

He bought a cheap ass 25$ lg phone off amazon and uses it with his mint sim card just for hotspot in the car when he ubers. He said it works great. Only thing is there is no "unlimited" option. Highest i believe is 12gb but he said even on his busiest month he never went over 10.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I copped a sim card and in a week or so I will activate my 3 month plan.

I have been with T-Mobile for close to a decade but they started doing shady stuff that is borderline bribery to get their Sprint Merger deal through which has made me second guess my loyalty.
Pulled the trigger and got the 12 month/8 GB plan after my trial was up. A few dead spots downtown here and there but good for the most part. Nowadays a lot of concert venues that used to suffer from congested coverage have free wifi anyways

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Been on MintMobile for a while now after dumping Cricket and StraightTalk. Only issue is T-Mobile is trash at my desk at work. Renewed for a year for $300 back in September. Wifi Calling & Text, Visual Voicemail in native app (depends on phone), VoLTE, 12 GB for $25 a month, shiittttt. Might be trying out Red Pocket when this shyt is done though for ATT towers.

wouldn't wifi calling help while you're at your desk?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Any deal that doesn’t offer unlimited data isn’t a good deal

this advice applies only to people who use a significant amount of data.

i barely use 1GB on my data plan but my wifi usage shows 1GB+