Miniature Chocolate Baddie @cocoemii

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I think internet fame can be addictive like drugs.

pretty sure people said the same thing about fame in general before the internet became mainstream.

to me fame is fame, makes no difference whether you radio famous or internet famous, fans are fans no matter the medium used to become famous. detractors tend to be the same as well.

NOVEMBER 1999 ISSUE
Public applause and admiration are intoxicating while they last. More than that, they are addictive, creating an appetite for the heightened feeling of acceptance that comes with being adored and revered. But when the applause was over, my father experienced a letdown, a feeling of abandonment, a depression, that diminished his pleasure in everyday living. After one has been publicly celebrated and is again in the privacy of home, the sense of isolation can be the more acute because of its contrast with that exhilarating moment when one felt like the center of the universe. And there is always the haunting question Will I ever get that kind of affirmation again? Will my next performance (or my next creation) be received with the same excitement as my last?

the phrase "addicted to fame" predates the internet too.

the internet just helps keep people relevant more than any other traditional media platform and everyone who wants to be seen uses it to their advantage.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Damn, did you really have to post a billion fukking images?
Folks complainimg about too many pictures is how you know she's mid.:lolbron:

Nah OP, bytch looks like a sex doll fr. Not saying she's ugly, she just looks too synthetic for me. Hard pass

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty sure people said the same thing about fame in general before the internet became mainstream.

to me fame is fame, makes no difference whether you radio famous or internet famous, fans are fans no matter the medium used to become famous. detractors tend to be the same as well.

NOVEMBER 1999 ISSUE

the phrase "addicted to fame" predates the internet too.

the internet just helps keep people relevant more than any other traditional media platform and everyone who wants to be seen uses it to their advantage.

The difference here as opposed to the past is EXCLUSIVITY(good or bad), it appears more and more avg people are getting eyes on them, to have a huge populace addicted to this is not psychologically healthy for a community, much less an individual. Even if they have an audience of 10 faithful viewers it's the attributes that come along with thinking one is "popular". It develops in to narcissism, as cliche as it sounds.

It's different if a small few are addicted as opposed to a community.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The difference here as opposed to the past is EXCLUSIVITY(good or bad), it appears more and more avg people are getting eyes on them, to have a huge populace addicted to this is not psychologically healthy for a community, much less an individual. Even if they have an audience of 10 faithful viewers it's the attributes that come along with thinking one is "popular". It develops in to narcissism, as cliche as it sounds.

It's different if a small few are addicted as opposed to a community.
:manny:

thats a them problem, people who don't care about fame or aren't in their sphere of influence aren't really negatively impacted by those individuals. do we even know if narcissism is at all or time or not?