MILITARY STORIES

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
They didnt let reserves or guard get the bonus for enlistment referrals? :ohhh:

Active nikkas was getting bonuses for mafukkas we never met:mjlit:
That's what I didn't understand I found a few people to put in and somehow I didn't get my bonus, I was told it was because I was Active Duty Army National Guard member, I forgot the reason why they fukked me out of the bonus but considering all the normal fukkery that is the National Guard They probably deaded the program because they probably got shytloads of unqualified people and folks that wouldn't go to Drill duty.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
The Army has found "100 to 200" cases in which troops were wrongfully entered into a federal criminal database, triggering the reopening of 1,900 cases related to a sprawling recruiting fraud investigation, service officials said Thursday.

Army officials have no clear plan yet on how to compensate those impacted by the probe, with service members potentially failing criminal background checks or having their promotions stalled, despite never being arrested or charged, all because of an internal snafu investigators described as a "mistake" they said they hope to figure out by early next year.

"In terms of what the longer-term impacts are, at this point in time, we're just trying to do the right thing," Brig. Gen. David Mendelson, U.S. Army assistant judge advocate general for military law and operations, told reporters Thursday at a press conference on the matter. "This is about dignity and respect. For those who have been maybe wrongly noted in the FBI index, it's correcting the record, and then providing a forum and an opportunity for those individuals to seek the remedy they need."

Army officials would not commit to providing financial compensation to those impacted by the snafu. Instead, they request individuals who think they're wrongfully in criminal databases to email the Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID).

hatealot

Banned
Daps
The Army has found "100 to 200" cases in which troops were wrongfully entered into a federal criminal database, triggering the reopening of 1,900 cases related to a sprawling recruiting fraud investigation, service officials said Thursday.

Army officials have no clear plan yet on how to compensate those impacted by the probe, with service members potentially failing criminal background checks or having their promotions stalled, despite never being arrested or charged, all because of an internal snafu investigators described as a "mistake" they said they hope to figure out by early next year.

"In terms of what the longer-term impacts are, at this point in time, we're just trying to do the right thing," Brig. Gen. David Mendelson, U.S. Army assistant judge advocate general for military law and operations, told reporters Thursday at a press conference on the matter. "This is about dignity and respect. For those who have been maybe wrongly noted in the FBI index, it's correcting the record, and then providing a forum and an opportunity for those individuals to seek the remedy they need."

Compensation for damages is needed. Also they need to identify other economic losses that needs to be negotiated. Can military file under a class action or is there's something in the paperwork that prevents it.

Would love to hear an attorney's take on this.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

School bus driver says smart kindergartners relentlessly questioned hijacker into letting them go​

"In our safety meetings, we refer to our students as precious cargo," the hero driver said. "Our job and goal are to transport that precious cargo to and from school in a safe and timely manner."
a989e6d0-b7b6-11eb-9359-d9cb15298f47_800_420.png
Cover Image Source: Facebook/DrTeresa Holmes

By Jisha Joseph

November 8, 2022

Share On​

facebook.svg
twitter.svg

ADVERTISEMENT
Editor's note: This article was originally published on May 18, 2021. It has since been updated.

School bus driver Kenneth Corbin was honored as a hero by local South Carolina officials last week for keeping his cool during an armed hijacking on May 6. However, Corbin insists he was simply doing his job and that the real heroes are the 18 children who were on board the bus during the high-pressure encounter. According to ABC News, Corbin—who has been driving school buses for Richland School District Two for the last five years—was on his normal bus route on the day of the incident when a man ran onto the bus, pointed a rifle at him, and ordered him to drive to the next town.

Police believe the hijacker, a 23-year-old Army trainee named Jovan Collazo who was in his third week at Fort Jackson, was trying to get home to New Jersey. Speaking to Good Morning America, Corbin revealed that he initially pushed his hands out to signify to the man that he was not allowed on the bus. "I had to tell him that twice, and when I told him that, that's when he presented his weapon and told me to close the door and move and drive," he said. "It was just a matter of staying calm and following his instructions and thinking about the kids because I didn't want to do anything that would, you know, rile him to cause him to do something that would bring harm to the kids."
ADVERTISEMENT

"As we were traveling, I guess he realized there were several students on the bus -- kind of scattered throughout," Corbin, who was trained to handle a hostage situation, added. "He decided to move all the students up front so he could keep us all in close proximity, and when he did that, especially some of my kindergarteners, they started asking questions." The students, he said, asked if the man was a soldier, to which he "hesitantly answered 'yes.'"
ADVERTISEMENT

"They asked him, 'why are you doing this?' He never did have an answer for this one. They asked, was he going to hurt them? He said 'no.' They asked, 'are you going to hurt our bus driver?' He said, 'no. I'm going to put you off the bus,'" Corbin recounted. "He sensed more questions coming and I guess something clicked in his mind and he said, 'enough is enough already,' and he told me to 'stop the bus, and just get off.'"
ADVERTISEMENT
"The kids were the ones that actually got the gentleman off of the bus and they pretty much had my back as much as my concerns were with them," he added. "At the end when they started questioning him, it seemed to have frustrated him because his main objective were to get to the next town, but I think we were only on the road about four miles and he just got frustrated with the questions and just told me to stop the bus and get off. All y'all get off now." Collazo later abandoned the bus and was arrested. He has been charged with 19 counts of kidnapping, among other charges.
ADVERTISEMENT
Corbin was recognized for his heroic efforts at a ceremony on May 14 where he was presented an S.C. Senate resolution by Democratic state Sen. Mia McLeod of Richland County and letters of appreciation from students in all 50 states, reports The State. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott described Corbin as the picture of calm during the hijacking incident. "He kept his cool," he said. "He did not get excited. He did not get upset or get scared. He kept his voice at the same level. His mannerisms were the same and he did not overreact. You can tell the training he had kicked in and he was worried about those kids. He was in complete control, even though the guy was pointing a gun at him and giving him directions and stuff."
ADVERTISEMENT

When Corbin and the children got off the bus, he kept them close to him until authorities arrived, "almost like a mother hen with her chickens," the sheriff added. Meanwhile, Corbin thanked law enforcement and God at the event and said that the children were at the top of his mind. "In our safety meetings, we refer to our students as precious cargo," he said. "That was so evident on May 6. Our job and goal are to transport that precious cargo to and from school in a safe and timely manner. On May 6, it was very crucial that I perform my job to the highest degree possible. I emphasized to our parents that our drivers take that responsibility seriously."
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
f-share.svg

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Fort Jackson recruit accused of hijacking bus full of schoolchildren may plead insanity
By

Ted Clifford

The State • October 6, 2022
Army%20trainee%20Jovan%20Collazo%2C%2023%2C%20faces%2019%20counts%20of

An order requiring that Jovan Collazo submit to an evaluation of his “criminal responsibility and capacity” was filed in the Richland Circuit Court on Sept. 27.
An order requiring that Jovan Collazo submit to an evaluation of his “criminal responsibility and capacity” was filed in the Richland Circuit Court on Sept. 27. (Richland County (S.C.) Sheriff’s Department)

(Tribune News Service) — The Fort Jackson recruit accused of hijacking a school bus full of children with an empty rifle has indicated he intends to assert he is “not guilty by reason of insanity,” according to documents filed in the Richland County Court.

An order requiring that Jovan Collazo submit to an evaluation of his “criminal responsibility and capacity” was filed in the Richland Circuit Court on Sept. 27. The order requires that Collazo, who fled Army basic training at Fort Jackson in May 2021, be evaluated by the state Department of Mental Health within 60 days.

Circuit Judge Debra McCaslin issued the order with the consent of both the defense and the prosecution “after defense counsel has indicated the intent to assert the defense of not guilty by reason of insanity.”

Collazo, 24, has been charged with nineteen counts of kidnapping as well as armed robbery, carjacking, pointing a firearm, carrying a weapon on school property and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, according to court records.

In South Carolina, the defense is responsible for proving to a jury that Collazo is not guilty by reason of insanity. If Collazo is found legally insane, he would not be incarcerated in a state prison. Instead, he would be confined for “care and treatment,” according to South Carolina law.

The 5th Circuit Solicitors Office, which is prosecuting the case, said its policy is to not comment on ongoing prosecutions.

Following his arrest, Collazo allegedly attempted to escape from the Richland County jail. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Collazo assaulted a guard before breaking his leg in the escape attempt.

But Collazo’s attorney, 5th Circuit chief public defender Fielding Pringle, characterized it as a desperate act by a troubled man on suicide watch.

“People who are thinking clearly and normally do not run around jail dorms completely naked with their hands cuffed behind their back running into locked steel doors and jumping from the second tier to the floor below,” Pringle said at the time.

“These are not the actions of a healthy and clear-minded individual who is trying to escape. They are the actions of a very troubled young man who was on suicide watch at the time,” Pringle said.

The State was not able to reach Pringle for this story.

Collazo fled basic training at Fort Jackson on the morning of May 7, 2021. After hopping the perimeter fence of the country’s largest Army basic training facility, Collazo attempted to hitch rides from passing cars on Interstate 77. Armed with his unloaded rifle, Collazo then hijacked the school bus, Lott said at the time.

Authorities say that Collazo ordered the bus driver to take him to the next town. But he got frustrated when the children began asking him questions, and he told the bus driver to stop after traveling about 3.5 miles. He ordered the children and driver off the bus and then drove a few more miles before being arrested by sheriff’s deputies.

©2022 The State.

Visit thestate.com.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Setup “mandatory appointments”… so she can be free.. and then you scoop her up on her way to the appointment.. and lay some pipe.. that’s how
Yeah people really don't understand the military the I got an appointment is the number 1 go to to get out of work. Not only that if you have an äppointment" unless you're a severe shytbag and your supervisor has plenty of time you're essentially free for the rest of the day as no one will check.

If the supervisor is setting up the dikk appointment then it's dead easy you could send someone on a fake detail for weeks.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Yeah people really don't understand the military the I got an appointment is the number 1 go to to get out of work. Not only that if you have an äppointment" unless you're a severe shytbag and your supervisor has plenty of time you're essentially free for the rest of the day as no one will check.

If the supervisor is setting up the dikk appointment then it's dead easy you could send someone on a fake detail for weeks.

Yezziirrr.. a medical appointment gets you out of anything… cuz a missed appointment could get you fukked.. so they gotta let you go to your appointment

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Setup “mandatory appointments”… so she can be free.. and then you scoop her up on her way to the appointment.. and lay some pipe.. that’s how

If the supervisor is setting up the
Yezziirrr.. a medical appointment gets you out of anything… cuz a missed appointment could get you fukked.. so they gotta let you go to your appointment
The easiest way to get a supervisor in trouble is to say that they made you late for a medical appointment. Medical trumps everything else.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

School bus driver says smart kindergartners relentlessly questioned hijacker into letting them go​

"In our safety meetings, we refer to our students as precious cargo," the hero driver said. "Our job and goal are to transport that precious cargo to and from school in a safe and timely manner."
a989e6d0-b7b6-11eb-9359-d9cb15298f47_800_420.png
Cover Image Source: Facebook/DrTeresa Holmes

By Jisha Joseph

November 8, 2022

Share On​

facebook.svg
twitter.svg

ADVERTISEMENT
Editor's note: This article was originally published on May 18, 2021. It has since been updated.

School bus driver Kenneth Corbin was honored as a hero by local South Carolina officials last week for keeping his cool during an armed hijacking on May 6. However, Corbin insists he was simply doing his job and that the real heroes are the 18 children who were on board the bus during the high-pressure encounter. According to ABC News, Corbin—who has been driving school buses for Richland School District Two for the last five years—was on his normal bus route on the day of the incident when a man ran onto the bus, pointed a rifle at him, and ordered him to drive to the next town.

Police believe the hijacker, a 23-year-old Army trainee named Jovan Collazo who was in his third week at Fort Jackson, was trying to get home to New Jersey. Speaking to Good Morning America, Corbin revealed that he initially pushed his hands out to signify to the man that he was not allowed on the bus. "I had to tell him that twice, and when I told him that, that's when he presented his weapon and told me to close the door and move and drive," he said. "It was just a matter of staying calm and following his instructions and thinking about the kids because I didn't want to do anything that would, you know, rile him to cause him to do something that would bring harm to the kids."
ADVERTISEMENT

"As we were traveling, I guess he realized there were several students on the bus -- kind of scattered throughout," Corbin, who was trained to handle a hostage situation, added. "He decided to move all the students up front so he could keep us all in close proximity, and when he did that, especially some of my kindergarteners, they started asking questions." The students, he said, asked if the man was a soldier, to which he "hesitantly answered 'yes.'"
ADVERTISEMENT

"They asked him, 'why are you doing this?' He never did have an answer for this one. They asked, was he going to hurt them? He said 'no.' They asked, 'are you going to hurt our bus driver?' He said, 'no. I'm going to put you off the bus,'" Corbin recounted. "He sensed more questions coming and I guess something clicked in his mind and he said, 'enough is enough already,' and he told me to 'stop the bus, and just get off.'"
ADVERTISEMENT
"The kids were the ones that actually got the gentleman off of the bus and they pretty much had my back as much as my concerns were with them," he added. "At the end when they started questioning him, it seemed to have frustrated him because his main objective were to get to the next town, but I think we were only on the road about four miles and he just got frustrated with the questions and just told me to stop the bus and get off. All y'all get off now." Collazo later abandoned the bus and was arrested. He has been charged with 19 counts of kidnapping, among other charges.
ADVERTISEMENT
Corbin was recognized for his heroic efforts at a ceremony on May 14 where he was presented an S.C. Senate resolution by Democratic state Sen. Mia McLeod of Richland County and letters of appreciation from students in all 50 states, reports The State. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott described Corbin as the picture of calm during the hijacking incident. "He kept his cool," he said. "He did not get excited. He did not get upset or get scared. He kept his voice at the same level. His mannerisms were the same and he did not overreact. You can tell the training he had kicked in and he was worried about those kids. He was in complete control, even though the guy was pointing a gun at him and giving him directions and stuff."
ADVERTISEMENT

When Corbin and the children got off the bus, he kept them close to him until authorities arrived, "almost like a mother hen with her chickens," the sheriff added. Meanwhile, Corbin thanked law enforcement and God at the event and said that the children were at the top of his mind. "In our safety meetings, we refer to our students as precious cargo," he said. "That was so evident on May 6. Our job and goal are to transport that precious cargo to and from school in a safe and timely manner. On May 6, it was very crucial that I perform my job to the highest degree possible. I emphasized to our parents that our drivers take that responsibility seriously."
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
f-share.svg

Fort Jackson recruit accused of hijacking bus full of schoolchildren may plead insanity
By

Ted Clifford

The State • October 6, 2022
Army%20trainee%20Jovan%20Collazo%2C%2023%2C%20faces%2019%20counts%20of

An order requiring that Jovan Collazo submit to an evaluation of his “criminal responsibility and capacity” was filed in the Richland Circuit Court on Sept. 27.
An order requiring that Jovan Collazo submit to an evaluation of his “criminal responsibility and capacity” was filed in the Richland Circuit Court on Sept. 27. (Richland County (S.C.) Sheriff’s Department)

(Tribune News Service) — The Fort Jackson recruit accused of hijacking a school bus full of children with an empty rifle has indicated he intends to assert he is “not guilty by reason of insanity,” according to documents filed in the Richland County Court.

An order requiring that Jovan Collazo submit to an evaluation of his “criminal responsibility and capacity” was filed in the Richland Circuit Court on Sept. 27. The order requires that Collazo, who fled Army basic training at Fort Jackson in May 2021, be evaluated by the state Department of Mental Health within 60 days.

Circuit Judge Debra McCaslin issued the order with the consent of both the defense and the prosecution “after defense counsel has indicated the intent to assert the defense of not guilty by reason of insanity.”

Collazo, 24, has been charged with nineteen counts of kidnapping as well as armed robbery, carjacking, pointing a firearm, carrying a weapon on school property and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, according to court records.

In South Carolina, the defense is responsible for proving to a jury that Collazo is not guilty by reason of insanity. If Collazo is found legally insane, he would not be incarcerated in a state prison. Instead, he would be confined for “care and treatment,” according to South Carolina law.

The 5th Circuit Solicitors Office, which is prosecuting the case, said its policy is to not comment on ongoing prosecutions.

Following his arrest, Collazo allegedly attempted to escape from the Richland County jail. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Collazo assaulted a guard before breaking his leg in the escape attempt.

But Collazo’s attorney, 5th Circuit chief public defender Fielding Pringle, characterized it as a desperate act by a troubled man on suicide watch.

“People who are thinking clearly and normally do not run around jail dorms completely naked with their hands cuffed behind their back running into locked steel doors and jumping from the second tier to the floor below,” Pringle said at the time.

“These are not the actions of a healthy and clear-minded individual who is trying to escape. They are the actions of a very troubled young man who was on suicide watch at the time,” Pringle said.

The State was not able to reach Pringle for this story.

Collazo fled basic training at Fort Jackson on the morning of May 7, 2021. After hopping the perimeter fence of the country’s largest Army basic training facility, Collazo attempted to hitch rides from passing cars on Interstate 77. Armed with his unloaded rifle, Collazo then hijacked the school bus, Lott said at the time.

Authorities say that Collazo ordered the bus driver to take him to the next town. But he got frustrated when the children began asking him questions, and he told the bus driver to stop after traveling about 3.5 miles. He ordered the children and driver off the bus and then drove a few more miles before being arrested by sheriff’s deputies.

©2022 The State.

Visit thestate.com.

:mjlol:

If they don’t get that bytch a stress card and make him repeat sneaker week. :martin:

Shoutout to Driver Breh. :obama:

Last edited: