Military people, some advice, please...

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
I am being serious brehs is there any point in enlisting if you have lockeroom phobia

It's in your best interest to get over it. I was like that too when I first started playing organized sports, but then I just said fukk it and took my shower and got the hell outta there. When I joined the Army we had a guy that was scared to take showers in an open bay shower. This fukker didn't shower for days at a time and was stank as hell, even more so than most trainees. This cat decided to take showers after lights out after a few weeks and one day a drill sergeant caught him. The drill sergeant woke us all up and smoked (pretty much doing stupid exercises for a long time until exhaustion) the shyt outta us. We told his bytch ass that if he ever too another shower after lights we would make him pay for it. Well the next day his bytch ass gets in the shower about 30 mins after lights out. We went in there and took his towel and all his clothes while he was showering. After he came out he was pissed, but had hid his shyt and didn't give it back until wake up. We even had to beat his ass that night because he started screaming and banging on lockers and shyt.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It's in your best interest to get over it. I was like that too when I first started playing organized sports, but then I just said fukk it and took my shower and got the hell outta there. When I joined the Army we had a guy that was scared to take showers in an open bay shower. This fukker didn't shower for days at a time and was stank as hell, even more so than most trainees. This cat decided to take showers after lights out after a few weeks and one day a drill sergeant caught him. The drill sergeant woke us all up and smoked (pretty much doing stupid exercises for a long time until exhaustion) the shyt outta us. We told his bytch ass that if he ever too another shower after lights we would make him pay for it. Well the next day his bytch ass gets in the shower about 30 mins after lights out. We went in there and took his towel and all his clothes while he was showering. After he came out he was pissed, but had hid his shyt and didn't give it back until wake up. We even had to beat his ass that night because he started screaming and banging on lockers and shyt.
shame I really wanted to join the army but if everything is all nudist colony like when it comes to personal hygiene, F datIs it like this for peeps that work in the kitchen too or just the soldiers

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
shame I really wanted to join the army but if everything is all nudist colony like when it comes to personal hygiene, F datIs it like this for peeps that work in the kitchen too or just the soldiers

That's just in basic training, and possibly AIT, depending where you for AIT. After training the barracks will either have a bathroom that you and your roommate share, or one bathroom will be shared between two rooms. Only the really old barracks still have community bathrooms, and I doubt that any of those are still being used to live in.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Joining military with asthma but not telling anybody anything about it. Please explain to me ways they can find out. My friend plans on flat out lying saying he had a slight case early age or flat out denying ever having it.

What ways can they detect?
What will happen if they found out?
When is too late to back out without a penalty? :skip:

Lil help here for my pal :why:

You can get away with it as long as it ain't that bad. IF its bad they are likely to notice it though.
IF they found out one or 2 things will happen. You will get kicked out or they will keep u in and just treat u but you wont get no Va benefits for it cuz u lied

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That's just in basic training, and possibly AIT, depending where you for AIT. After training the barracks will either have a bathroom that you and your roommate share, or one bathroom will be shared between two rooms. Only the really old barracks still have community bathrooms, and I doubt that any of those are still being used to live in.

what he said is true. Just get over it and don't be looking at them period just get in the shower wash your ass and get out thats it.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I'm actually an Air Force recruiter now. I'll be straight up with you during the original contact you have with the recruiter he will do a pre-qualification to see if your qualified. It will be normal questions age, education, etc. He will ask about your medical background up front, any asthma, allergies, surgeries. Most recruiters will look past allergies and surgeries, but they will not look past asthma because thats the most severe shyt you can have, your friend will definitely dime the recruiter if he gets in trouble in basic, when the trainee gets in trouble for anything, he will start blaming his recruiter for hiding shyt regardless if he told the recruiter or not. If i was your friend, i wouldn't risk it.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I'm actually an Air Force recruiter now. I'll be straight up with you during the original contact you have with the recruiter he will do a pre-qualification to see if your qualified. It will be normal questions age, education, etc. He will ask about your medical background up front, any asthma, allergies, surgeries. Most recruiters will look past allergies and surgeries, but they will not look past asthma because thats the most severe shyt you can have, your friend will definitely dime the recruiter if he gets in trouble in basic, when the trainee gets in trouble for anything, he will start blaming his recruiter for hiding shyt regardless if he told the recruiter or not. If i was your friend, i wouldn't risk it.

OK fine if he said he had minor asthma as a child but it repressed in teenage and current adulthood what would be the likelihood of him being able to get in?

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
OK fine if he said he had minor asthma as a child but it repressed in teenage and current adulthood what would be the likelihood of him being able to get in?

Anything with asthma past the age of 9 will be an automatic permanent disqualification from any service. If he mentions he had asthma before the age of 9, the recruiter will still ask him to go see his doctor and get tested and bring back the doc results so they can do a medical read on that person.

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Anything with asthma past the age of 9 will be an automatic permanent disqualification from any service. If he mentions he had asthma before the age of 9, the recruiter will still ask him to go see his doctor and get tested and bring back the doc results so they can do a medical read on that person.

...and what they'll do from there is either say no on the spot, or push it up as a med waiver and then it'll most likely get denied later. Best option...don't say shyt if he hasn't used an inhaler in over two or three years and he is able to still handle heavy exercise.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joining military with asthma but not telling anybody anything about it. Please explain to me ways they can find out. My friend plans on flat out lying saying he had a slight case early age or flat out denying ever having it.

What ways can they detect?
What will happen if they found out?
When is too late to back out without a penalty? :skip:

Lil help here for my pal :why:

You are playing with fire. You are in an open bay and they will find your inhaler. If you can make it until you get to your home station without using your inhaler you will be ok because you could then get a profile for asthma. But if you don't make it thru Basic or AIT you will be discharged on dishonest grounds.

No matter the branch you will be smoked and have to run and they will inspect your personal items. If you have an asthma attack they will put you out, if you are found to be in possesion of an inhaler or pills they will investigate.

Also factor in while you are running you have to sing cadence and run at the same time. You will be identified. It's not worth your health. It is permanent party Soldiers who have it but they had to make it up until a certain point and will likely be among the 3rd people released after discipline problems, overweight then will be the medical and volunteers.

If MEPS is doing there job he should be weeded out there because he is only harming himself.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
yea, i always wanted to join but asthma keep me away. my little brother is in military police and he told there were guys there w/ inhalers during basic training. still, im not gonna chance it...alot of stories of borderline homo horseplay stuff goin in the showers too for u shy guys. lol.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's for everybody it's joint showers in training and during some national training center rotations. Just go in take your shower and leave when you get out of basic/osut you will be able to take private showers.

Mojo

comin to a fish fry near you!
Daps
Reppin
Coastal North Carolina
IMO the biggest thing to consider as far as the AF goes is that if doctors eventually find out, they will code him non-world wide deployable. So he will end up missing out on all that desert money or the opportunity to be stationed overseas.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It's for everybody it's joint showers in training and during some national training center rotations. Just go in take your shower and leave when you get out of basic/osut you will be able to take private showers.
Pardon my ignorance but what does this stand for?