Military people, some advice, please...

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Joining military with asthma but not telling anybody anything about it. Please explain to me ways they can find out. My friend plans on flat out lying saying he had a slight case early age or flat out denying ever having it.

What ways can they detect?
What will happen if they found out?
When is too late to back out without a penalty? :skip:

Lil help here for my pal :why:

illadope

きんが
Daps
HAve fun in training, or when you hit a high altitude at you :dead: on the ground :krs:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
milatary/army cats is there any point in registering if 1 is not a party to getting naked in front of other dudes

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
:snoop:

Good luck trying to hide it. When it's time to run, your wheezing is going to give it away.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
:snoop:

Good luck trying to hide it. When it's time to run, your wheezing is going to give it away.

This thread isn't about me. It's about my friend. And he doesn't wheeze when running. :smugfavre:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Does he have it bad?

If not he should be alright. Basic Training not a joke though when it comes to exercise.

But the doctors usually do a full exam before you go in, so they may find out.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Does he have it bad?

If not he should be alright. Basic Training not a joke though when it comes to exercise.

Are you in the airforce? What were the BT stuff that may be harsh for an asthmatic? He's mostly worried about running, but I heard they put you in gas chambers and pepper spray you and stuff is this true?

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Are you in the airforce? What were the BT stuff that may be harsh for an asthmatic? He's mostly worried about running, but I heard they put you in gas chambers and pepper spray you and stuff is this true?

Yea we got put in a gas chamber and unless he goes in as a cop he won't get peppered spray

Depending on what time of year he goes, it gets VERY hot in Texas, we run a lot, LOTS of pushups, walk everywhere etc

I wouldn't recommend it for em if its severe asthma

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
This thread isn't about me. It's about my friend. And he doesn't wheeze when running. :smugfavre:

Okay, my fault.

I still don't see it for him. If he's joining the Air Force, that weather in San Antonio will make it tough on Tues & Thurs when he has to run/jog/sprint for at least 30 minutes.

I wish him luck though... :yeshrug:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I am being serious brehs is there any point in enlisting if you have lockeroom phobia

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Does he have it bad?

Other than the drug test, the physical at MEPS isn't much different than a standard sports physical.