Mike Tyson for the first time ever sees Balrog from street fighter

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
16-mike-tyson-tells-espn-he-had-no-idea-there-was-street-fighter-ch.jpg

Mike Tyson tells ESPN he 'had no idea' there was a Street Fighter character modeled after him

This is pretty damn cool, they were worried about legal trouble and he legit never even knew the whole time.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
no way this man never seen Balrog in Street Fighter.
Idk, he spent his youth super broke, so maybe he never fukked with video games. He was champ and an adult by the time SF2 was out. He was busy getting played by Don and Robin, getting high and living extravagantly when not training. He probably never gave half a fukk about video games. Besides the commercial, he was never seen with HIS game, and he didn't play it in the commercial. I wouldn't be shocked if he never played that.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Mike was Zooted for damn near all his time in the spotlight when he was Champion, so I highly doubt he remembered that Balrog, who was initially Mike Byson before they swapped him and the M. Bison we know today who was Balrog or some shyt, was based off him despite the dead ringer character drawing and the fact that he boxed.

Nobody in his camp told him either and he kept it pushing. I remember someone telling me a story about them saying it's a shame how Nintendo replaced him with Mr Dream in Punchout and he simply said "What the fukk is a Mr Dream? I'm the final boss of that shyt." And they hit the :whoa: and deaded the conversation. :mjlol:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s why changing his name to Balrog was stupid. Mike appreciates the nod to him, and you can’t sue for a parody.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Played the game hard and had no idea. And I cheesed with M Bison.