Mike Flanagawd Set to Direct New ‘The Exorcist’ Movie with Blumhouse

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The Exorcist franchise is getting a makeover following the polarizing response to last year’s The Exorcist: Believer.

Horror maestro Mike Flanagan will write, direct and produce what Blumhouse is describing as a “radical new take” on the franchise, one that will be set in the Exorcist universe but will not be a sequel to Believer.

Flanagan’s Exorcist hiring is a notable change in direction that comes nearly three years after Universal announced a $400 million megadeal that would allow it to make a trilogy of Exorcist films to be helmed by David Gordon Green :scust: , the filmmaker behind Universal and Blumhouse’s hit Halloween movies. Those plans were put on the shelf after Green’s Believer earned negative reviews and brought in $137 million at the box office.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
So that trilogy they planned with believer is dead? :mjlol:

Radical new take...they said the same shyt with believer :unimpressed:

We'll see...
They should’ve handed Mike the keys to this sooner rather than to someone who butchered the Halloween IP.

I don’t even care if this ends up having the usual 10 minute monologues, it’d still likely be worlds better than whatever trash DGG churned out.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Always trusting Flanagan. Although Blumhouse shyt the bed with the Halloween franchise and I heard nothing but bad things about the exorcist from last year.

Madonna

Coli's Resident Tradwife
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I love Mike Flanagan but I feel like it's too soon to do this after the Believer bombed.