Mike Epps: Underrated or Overrated?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Underrated. In my opinion he's one of the funniest dudes in entertainment. His jokes are a subtle though you gotta pay attention. Plus :salute: him for keeping it "hood" as others put it

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta say the same about epps to. He caters to the hood and weed smokers

Aka majority of black people. You've got to understand. Someone like Dave Chappelle, he's political, he's funny, but at the same time he caters to black people, and it's obvious. He presents himself in a correct manner, but you still get the feeling that he's aware that he's black; he's very intelligent. Mike Epps is smart as well, and again it's obvious that he caters to black people first, Katt Williams as well. These comedians all do, white people are just attracted to them, Katt Williams because of his pimp voice, Dave Chappelle because he's intelligent, political, but also presents things from a black stand point, same for Mike Epps as well, but he's more for a hood (nothing wrong with that, hood does not equate to stupid) audience but white people still dig him. Kevin Hart, I watch him and feel like I'm watching Dane Cook or some shyt, he doesn't speak from a black perspective but rather a general populous perspective. Example being that joke he told about him stealing an Asian guys parking spot or some shyt and the Asian dude knew karate, that joke was told in a white way, with a delivery made to please white people. I just don't find him funny man, you asked a question, I answered, why debate with me? I didn't respond to your question to be argued with.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aka majority of black people. You've got to understand. Someone like Dave Chappelle, he's political, he's funny, but at the same time he caters to black people, and it's obvious. He presents himself in a correct manner, but you still get the feeling that he's aware that he's black; he's very intelligent. Mike Epps is smart as well, and again it's obvious that he caters to black people first, Katt Williams as well. These comedians all do, white people are just attracted to them, Katt Williams because of his pimp voice, Dave Chappelle because he's intelligent, political, but also presents things from a black stand point, same for Mike Epps as well, but he's more for a hood (nothing wrong with that, hood does not equate to stupid) audience but white people still dig him. Kevin Hart, I watch him and feel like I'm watching Dane Cook or some shyt, he doesn't speak from a black perspective but rather a general populous perspective. Example being that joke he told about him stealing an Asian guys parking spot or some shyt and the Asian dude knew karate, that joke was told in a white way, with a delivery made to please white people. I just don't find him funny man, you asked a question, I answered, why debate with me? I didn't respond to your question to be argued with.

I never was arguing with you breh. We was having a discussion which I agree that mike does speak from a black point of view especially me being from the hood I agree with you on that. I just never heard anyone call Kevin uppity that why I asked u how so I can see it from your point of view

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
I think he is rated just about right. He is a B level comic. Great in movies if given the right role. His Stand up needs some work, but he has his moments.

I don't think he'll ever break out in the mainstream, his material is too hood. But it works for him

He don't wanna break into the mainstream. He said hes good where he's at, nikka aint tryna sell his soul for that fame. He talks about it in this breakfast club interview. Breh funny as shyt tho hope they let him do that Pryor role. He def underrated funnier than Kevin Hart imo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3tEUJp8kZ4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3tEUJp8kZ4[/ame]

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
kevin hart not uppity to me he funny but i just think its more forced then mike epps

mike epps is funnier in a more human sense if yall get what im sayin like you know a person like him and it dont mean he stupid,poor,or nothig he just a silly ass nikka point blank period

HalfwayHandsome

A WALKING LICK #502C0MEUP
Daps
Reppin
Louisville Guntucky
My homie works for a car company and they had locked their keys in the car they were giving him. So my homie was trying the slim jim the locks and he heard mike say I bet if there was a cheeseburger in there u would unlock it. Lol my homie fat too.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I think Mike Epps is rated just right. I saw him perform live and he was fuccin hilarious. Mike Epps is a natural comic. Seems like a funny uncle or cousin crackin jokes at the family reunion. :obama:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
He don't wanna break into the mainstream. He said hes good where he's at, nikka aint tryna sell his soul for that fame. He talks about it in this breakfast club interview. Breh funny as shyt tho hope they let him do that Pryor role. He def underrated funnier than Kevin Hart imo

Mike Epps Interview at The Breakfast Club 2-21-13 [power 105.1] - YouTube

I respect him for that, if he eating good and able to do the shyt he actually wants to do then he winning..

I agree that he is funnier than Kevin Hart, I just don't think his Stand Up is as polished.

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
I respect him for that, if he eating good and able to do the shyt he actually wants to do then he winning..

I agree that he is funnier than Kevin Hart, I just don't think his Stand Up is as polished.

You right his standup isnt that great. Its seems like he freestyles his shyt. Then that nikka usually just starts roasting ppl in the audience. :russ:

He's coming to the chi in a couple weeks thinkin bout taking my girl