Microsoft should make a handheld.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Comparing it to Netflix is misinformed at best…disingenuous at worst. Completely different technologies. GamePass games aren’t movies with no continuous, dynamic user input.

And a Surface is essentially no different than the plethora of other tablets that are out there… The “productivity” is in the software…
So if they can make a Surface to push their productivity software…they can make a handheld to further push GamePass. I mean…why even release the Series X if it’s JUST about GamePass…
Microsoft's only real goal in the gaming space is to sell Game Pass subs. The Xbox is a means to that end at this point. A handheld is a complete waste of their time and the results would likely be far worse than Sony's attempts. Leave the handhelds to the pros at Nintendo.

As an adult I really have no use for a dedicated handheld gaming device. When I'm away from home I'm doing stuff like working or with people. Not really trying to carry a dedicated device for playing just video games on the go when I'm busy doing other things. In the short times I'm not busy I have a cell phone on me for entertainment. If you aren't coming at the handheld gaming device angle primarily targeting children then you'll be somewhat limited to a more niche adult audience.

A handheld gaming device doesn't push Game Pass because it's going to require it's own set of games. You aren't getting hardware in a handheld that's running Xbox Series S level games at any reasonable cost so now Microsoft has to make separate games for their handheld device. The point of Game Pass is to be a service with very few borders. Your library is playable on many different devices and it's the same game on all of them with the same save files. A handheld Xbox isn't going to tie into that.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Microsoft's only real goal in the gaming space is to sell Game Pass subs. The Xbox is a means to that end at this point. A handheld is a complete waste of their time and the results would likely be far worse than Sony's attempts. Leave the handhelds to the pros at Nintendo.

As an adult I really have no use for a dedicated handheld gaming device. When I'm away from home I'm doing stuff like working or with people. Not really trying to carry a dedicated device for playing just video games on the go when I'm busy doing other things. In the short times I'm not busy I have a cell phone on me for entertainment. If you aren't coming at the handheld gaming device angle primarily targeting children then you'll be somewhat limited to a more niche adult audience.

A handheld gaming device doesn't push Game Pass because it's going to require it's own set of games. You aren't getting hardware in a handheld that's running Xbox Series S level games at any reasonable cost so now Microsoft has to make separate games for their handheld device. The point of Game Pass is to be a service with very few borders. Your library is playable on many different devices and it's the same game on all of them with the same save files. A handheld Xbox isn't going to tie into that.
Well that’s great that you as an adult don’t have use for a dedicated handbell device. It’s also great that many other adults do have use for it as evident by SteamDeck pre orders. It’s a niche market, but it’s a market.

And who’s talking about playing while going out? I’d use mine to just bullshyt and play around the house, sitting out on the deck and shyt while the kids play in the backyard. Not everyone is content with playing on a small touchscreen phone with shytty graphics.

And why can’t we get Xbox S level graphics at a reasonable cost? Isn’t that what this whole xcloud shyt was supposed to do? Allow you to play high-quality, graphically intensive games from just about any device? MS not living up to their claims? I’m not talking about a handheld with new games, new storage media, etc…I’m essentially looking for a handheld GP device to supplement console. Basically steam deck running GP.

Amd again these nikkas make Surfaces and whole ass laptops (Surfacebook or whatever the fukk it’s called) to push productivity suite, they can damn sure make a handheld to push/supplement GamePass..

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Well that’s great that you as an adult don’t have use for a dedicated handbell device. It’s also great that many other adults do have use for it as evident by SteamDeck pre orders. It’s a niche market, but it’s a market.

And who’s talking about playing while going out? I’d use mine to just bullshyt and play around the house, sitting out on the deck and shyt while the kids play in the backyard. Not everyone is content with playing on a small touchscreen phone with shytty graphics.

And why can’t we get Xbox S level graphics at a reasonable cost? Isn’t that what this whole xcloud shyt was supposed to do? Allow you to play high-quality, graphically intensive games from just about any device? MS not living up to their claims? I’m not talking about a handheld with new games, new storage media, etc…I’m essentially looking for a handheld GP device to supplement console. Basically steam deck running GP.

Amd again these nikkas make Surfaces and whole ass laptops (Surfacebook or whatever the fukk it’s called) to push productivity suite, they can damn sure make a handheld to push/supplement GamePass..
Video game consoles have existed for many decades. No handheld in that time that his primarily targeted adults has really taken off and been a huge success. Even some of the hardware that sold fine the software sales were pathetic and companies stopped supporting them.

There are handheld PCs right now you can buy and play games on them. Microsoft doesn’t need a handheld gaming device. Adult handheld gaming devices just aren't mainstream enough to bother with. If anything make an official controller for cell phones and Game Pass for the people who want to play on the go.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Video game consoles have existed for many decades. No handheld in that time that his primarily targeted adults has really taken off and been a huge success. Even some of the hardware that sold fine the software sales were pathetic and companies stopped supporting them.

There are handheld PCs right now you can buy and play games on them. Microsoft doesn’t need a handheld gaming device. Adult handheld gaming devices just aren't mainstream enough to bother with. If anything make an official controller for cell phones and Game Pass for the people who want to play on the go.
Man, I just want a GamePass Go!
:damn:
Will likely just cop a SteamDeck, side load Windows and install GamePass…
:yeshrug:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Their solution to this is the xcloud. Right now it’s ass, unstable and useless but as soon as they stabilize it ima be playing some good shyt on the iPad