Microsoft is looking to acquire Japanese studios /publishers once the Activision deal closes

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Obviously, the most nonstory ever at this point :comeon:

Let me know when they actually buy one :coffee: my Gamepass sub is ready:mjgrin::sas2:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Oh yeah I forgot, you probably love Grubb cause he's another Xbox shill.
I only Grub on facts...

Platinum Games Open to Being Bought if They Get the Freedom Microsoft is Giving Activision

Now why are you ignoring proof to push a narrative? You know, like this one guy used to do :ohhh:
Obviously, the most nonstory ever at this point :comeon:

Let me know when they actually buy one :coffee: my Gamepass sub is ready:mjgrin::sas2:
Tango Gameworks - Wikipedia
The evil within 1 and 2, Ghostwire Tokyo?
They started as a part of Capcom, now they Xbox.

If you guys need anymore actual factual information just ask and I'll try to provide that for you :win:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
They just want games from the East and Sega is just one component. It won't be a Sega series X, Sega don't have that much clout anymore bruh

I never said they'd go as far as to name the console "Sega Series X/S", bruh.

Now, clout aside, Sega would give Xbox tons more credibility in Japan than it has now. Sega and its IP would be front and center on boxes and billboards in Japan.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
If you’re a Japanese developer and you want to kill your studio, get acquired by Microsoft.
And yet more studios from Japan and otherwise have closed down under Sony's watch

Care to explain :popcorn:
I never said they'd go as far as to name the console "Sega Series X/S", bruh.

Now, clout aside, Sega would give Xbox tons more credibility in Japan than it has now. Sega and its IP would be front and center on boxes and billboards in Japan.
You're saying everything but that with your insinuations tho :francis:
I'm saying Sega don't have that much clout anymore. They don't have any franchises that command japans attention anymore yet they still make games. So joining Microsoft appeals to Americans more than locals in my opinion

I could be wrong :manny:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
And yet more studios from Japan and otherwise have closed down under Sony's watch

Care to explain :popcorn:

You're saying everything but that with your insinuations tho :francis:
I'm saying Sega don't have that much clout anymore. They don't have any franchises that command japans attention anymore yet they still make games. So joining Microsoft appeals to Americans more than locals in my opinion

I could be wrong :manny:

That's a fair take, and that probably makes them a likelier target than someone like Square Enix or Capcom.

Sega might not have clout but it does have nostalgia. There's tons of ip that xbox funding can revive.

:manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
That's a fair take, and that probably makes them a likelier target than someone like Square Enix or Capcom.

Sega might not have clout but it does have nostalgia. There's tons of ip that xbox funding can revive.

:manny:
Well here's the endgame, we're moving to all digital everything sooner then people are willing to admit. How will we get our games? Or where do we play them?

Services of some kind. Sega either will be its own digital platform like a Disney plus or it'll be part of someone else's program(s)

The bigger question is what happens to Sony :francis:

Nintendo is the real Disney plus so they'll be straight even tho they will partner with somebody for their online ventures

I don't think Sega's catalog is enough to be more than a Pluto TV on demand section. Microsoft can offer them a platform like you said. And I think they will.