Microsoft is looking to acquire Japanese studios /publishers once the Activision deal closes

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

My gut is telling me Sega. With the restructuring of late, I don't think Square Enix is out of the realm of possibility.

Gotta feed the beast that is Gamepass.

So from what I heard, you're not far off.

Sega is definetely in the plans if it can be pulled off, and I think it will happen where Sega will retain some control. Possibly just a 3rd party partnership but an outright purchase will happen if possbile.

Platinum games will be purchased by microsoft or sony, and soon. A deal is likely already in place but awaiting other moves to finish

Mistwalker will be team xbox, not sure if they will outright buy them or licenese them to make more games but they currently are only making mobile games meaning they free and ready if they desire to get back into console gaming. But I know that sequels to their games are rumored so I wouldn't be surprised if something was revealed within the next 6months on that

There's one other studio that is also supposedly already on board but awaiting the activision sale to finish... forgetting their name at the moment

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Not happening. Japanese government and developers/publishers actually have testicles and aren’t jumping to crack open their bussies like US devs/publishers.

Plus they already tried to buy Sega and got sonned and came out with only an “agreement” to use some of MS’s tech.

:snooze:
I'm sure Gizmo taught you that, now lets look at reality...

Platinum Games Open to Being Bought if They Get the Freedom Microsoft is Giving Activision

Now if you want more examples of how you're making shyt up just ask and you shall receive :handshake:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Bungie and Activision should tell us that none of these clout chasing "insiders" know anything.

Especially after that SE shyt earlier this year that ended up being false.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Bungie and Activision should tell us that none of these clout chasing "insiders" know anything.

Especially after that SE shyt earlier this year that ended up being false.
What SE shyt? What are you talking about?
And basically you're saying no insider has good information. I'll just say I don't agree :francis:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Not happening. Japanese government and developers/publishers actually have testicles and aren’t jumping to crack open their bussies like US devs/publishers.

Plus they already tried to buy Sega and got sonned and came out with only an “agreement” to use some of MS’s tech.

:snooze:

I think Japanese gov passed a law that says any purchase offers of 10% or more is subject to gov investigation/inspection

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
What SE shyt? What are you talking about?
And basically you're saying no insider has good information. I'll just say I don't agree :francis:

When Greg Miller and Jeff Grubb said Sony was gonna acquire SE earlier this year and it never happened.

All of these guys are clout chasers that need to spread these rumors to keep thirsty gamers clicking on their content.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
When Greg Miller and Jeff Grubb said Sony was gonna acquire SE earlier this year and it never happened.

All of these guys are clout chasers that need to spread these rumors to keep thirsty gamers clicking on their content.
So because sony wasn't able to acquire square/enix means its all bullshyt?
Bruh, you do realize plans don't always pan out.
From what I know, sony was trying to buy them and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they do eventually get them.
What you may not be totally aware of is why all these acqusitions are happeneing. Since the PS3 era the industry knew based on big budget titles that companies cannot survive on their own. A big budget title that flops liteally kills studios.
We see less and less variety and creativity because of it. It was a tough gen last gen overall excluding a few hits.

Gamepass allows those lover level games to thrive, and all thsse studios being bought makes it so they have more freedom and budgets
So in conclusion moving forward, you will see most companies join a conglomerate. Its been happening, open our eyes bruh.
Japan isn't immune from this, and if you wasn't aware, Tango studios Japan says hi.

They created Ghostwire Tokyo :francis: (and they are an xbox 1st party studio now)

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
So because sony wasn't able to acquire square/enix means its all bullshyt?
Bruh, you do realize plans don't always pan out.
From what I know, sony was trying to buy them and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they do eventually get them.
What you may not be totally aware of is why all these acqusitions are happeneing. Since the PS3 era the industry knew based on big budget titles that companies cannot survive on their own. A big budget title that flops liteally kills studios.
We see less and less variety and creativity because of it. It was a tough gen last gen overall excluding a few hits.

Gamepass allows those lover level games to thrive, and all thsse studios being bought makes it so they have more freedom and budgets
So in conclusion moving forward, you will see most companies join a conglomerate. Its been happening, open our eyes bruh.
Japan isn't immune from this, and if you wasn't aware, Tango studios Japan says hi.

They created Ghostwire Tokyo :francis: (and they are an xbox 1st party studio now)

Oh yeah I forgot, you probably love Grubb cause he's another Xbox shill.