Microsoft is expanding their return policy for Cyberpunk 2077

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Watch the racists blame it all on him :francis:

They could try but it's a bunch of Polish cacs behind the development of this game. I do wonder what kind of deal they have though. Because I don't think that he's like the creator of The Witcher, and thought the game would just be some bullshyt, and took pennies for his creation. Getting someone like Keanu to be a character in this game, when it honestly could have been anyone, tells me that there are plans for this property outside of gaming. So I do hope that they fix this game, and that it finds its footing for the long term.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Empathize with them? CDPR is a horribly mismanaged studio that has one of the worst crunch cultures in the industry.

it’s not debatable...they literally did...whether you think it’s “deserved” and why is irrelevant to me or my point regarding THEIR response and not your personal feelings

they actually seem to empathize with the developers and taking into consideration how trying the year has been

“they” as in microsoft as evidenced in their tweet

...we know the developers at CD PROJEKT RED have worked hard to ship Cyberpunk 2077 in extremely challenging circumstances...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Lol sony dont care about that shyt because they dont feel thats where the money is.
Situations like this should show Sony why that type of shyt is important. They wouldn't need to remove the game off the ps5 store if their backwards compatibility model wasnt so archaic.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Microsoft already has a reasonable system in place for refunds. As they said they were already granting refunds to most people.

Sony’s return policy is not as accommodating, so they had to make more special changes.
Sony and Nintendo are notorious for their refund policy. I’m not surprised this is how Xbox handled it.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Buy a broken game, buy a fixed game hurr durr we don't care
Play it on a console, play it on a toaster hurr durr we don't care.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They also have smart delivery which allows developers to make changes to individual versions of games so developers are free to release system specific patches while ps4 games on ps5 are directly tied to the performance of that game on ps4.

That's the reason CDPR can take advantage of the series x and increase graphical fidelity and crowd density. If they wanted to, Microsoft could pull the game from only the base X1 while keeping it up for the series x and 1X due to the way game pass works.

Sony's needs to rethink their backwards compatibility model.

agreed.

but seeing how this game was looking on PC leading up to release, putting that shyt on base last gen systems was gonna be tough to say the least. And it's a blatant fail by them doing so.