Microsoft in talks to aquire Discord

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Cofukkingsign.

Me and my brehs LOVED mixer.

I never used any of those platforms often but I did find mixer pretty good. Twitch had the first mover thing going. It got there first and it did what it was supposed to do pretty well. Its tough to get people to move from there

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Microsoft could buy up all the shyt in the world but it if it doesn’t solve its game issue, XBOX is toast.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Monopoly.

Funny how the very same thing happening now is being celebrated, when in the 90s Microsoft was seen as an evil company.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Monopoly.

Funny how the very same thing happening now is being celebrated, when in the 90s Microsoft was seen as an evil company.

Microsoft is the 1 trillion dollar mega corporation underdog, they are just trying to get in where they fit in.:mjgrin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Monopoly.

Except that doesn’t apply here. Them buying smaller private companies doesn’t make them a monopoly. A monopoly is a company that doesn’t have any competitors and has complete control over an industry. There isn’t any field Microsoft is involved in they don’t have direct competitors. Cloud Amazon and Google. Games Sony. Computers Apple. Social network Facebook. Hell Microsoft isn’t really the #1 in any industry they’re involved in outside of PC operating systems.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Except that doesn’t apply here. Them buying smaller private companies doesn’t make them a monopoly. A monopoly is a company that doesn’t have any competitors and has complete control over an industry. There isn’t any field Microsoft is involved in they don’t have direct competitors. Cloud Amazon and Google. Games Sony. Computers Apple. Social network Facebook. Hell Microsoft isn’t really the #1 in any industry they’re involved in outside of PC operating systems.

The point is, these companies are being consolidated into the big 5.

People aren't seeing the endgame here, your livelihood will be intrinsically tethered into one of these companies. The day will come when the big 5 is reduced to the big 2.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

People aren't seeing the endgame here, your livelihood will be intrinsically tethered into one of these companies. The day will come when the big 5 is reduced to the big 2.
We’re past the point that can be stopped. Apple is a monopoly. Google is a monopoly Facebook is a monopoly. Amazon is a monopoly. If anything Microsoft is just a big fish in the pond. Back in the day Microsoft did anticompetitive stuff all the time. These days they don’t have the control over any industry to even try. I mean they own PC operating systems but Android and iOS matter more for personal computing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Bring on the true corpo wars. :blessed:

3568022-rtg-cpr-jumpstartworldbook_page_32_image_0003.jpg

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If Discord is smart they'll take it. I was on board with the program well before it blew up, and they always had problems generating revenue.

This gives them the escape rope.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If Discord is smart they'll take it. I was on board with the program well before it blew up, and they always had problems generating revenue.

This gives them the escape rope.
They were thinking of going public. The talk was a SPAC. 10 billion is likely more than any SPAC will give them.