Microsoft Has Stopped Manufacturing The Kinect

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
how in the world would you get innovation without experimentation? it doesn't always work out but good companies learn from it and apply it elsewhere​

That's true, but it all comes down to how you apply it. Don't just force something on us and expect everybody to eat it up. Of course there are sheep in the world who worship everything these companies put out.

I feel like for something to be innovative, it has to actually improve the quality of the experience. The Kinect didn't do that with video games. Yes it was people who obviously liked it, but the average gamer just wanna sit down, relax and play his/game.

Same thing with Face ID. It ain't faster or more secure than a fingerprint. Fingerprint readers on phones these days are damn near instant. So why go in that more expensive direction for no reason at all?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This turd that helped kill their launch inertia.

The Kinect was a symptom. They wanted to position the Xbox One as some kind of multimedia device that just so happens to play games. No stupid, you focus on your core competencies first, then branch out. They did it assed backwards. Gamers like myself put up the $500, not soccer moms wanting to watch Netflix

ZackMorris

I sit next to Spike
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #TSC
941780e3_e3-kinect-star-wars-fail.gif

Will always be my memory of Kinect:pachaha:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It is too bad because it was useful when apps were supporting it. It was dope navigating netflix with your voice.

Too bad it just became a glorified power button after launch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They literally could've done the exact thing they wanted to do with the Kinect, WITHOUT forcing it down people's throats with the Xbox One.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
These greedy MFs

Didn't get an Xbox til they dropped that Kinect/Always Online BS
Easy-E, let me destroy logic easily, creep with me...

Your Xbox, disconnect it from the internet then try it. Tell the community what happens when you try to play your games :popcorn:

Did you know Sony marketed the ps3 as always on :merchant:

So you remember ps home and that supercomputer thing where you're ps3 could help with cancer research, everyone was proud of being always on, remember that :aicmon:

Enjoy Gran Turismo Sport...
The Kinect was a symptom. They wanted to position the Xbox One as some kind of multimedia device that just so happens to play games. No stupid, you focus on your core competencies first, then branch out. They did it assed backwards. Gamers like myself put up the $500, not soccer moms wanting to watch Netflix
No, the problem is the panicked because the internet is changing. You know how neogaf went down because of internet warriors?

That's exactly what happened with Microsoft, Sony saw what was happening and acted as if wasn't doing the same thing (Gran Turismo Sport in stores now) internet warriors who double as fanboys created a narrative that they just wanna spy on you (they spy on you via your cellphone that has gps, apps like Facebook,Snapchat, phones camera)

Microsoft was creating it's own network, fukk a Netflix. But it should have started as a Netflix then evolved into a network via Xbox live. They quit before it started. The Atari documentary was very good but seemed like a dumb idea. Sony countered with there vision of stuff that never materialized either. I expect Microsoft to get it right once I have a talk with them :francis:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Easy-E, let me destroy logic easily, creep with me...

Your Xbox, disconnect it from the internet then try it. Tell the community what happens when you try to play your games :popcorn:
:camby:

I have an X1S (no Kinect), now. Leave me alone.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I guess I'll keep my kinect as a collector's item. I had to stop using mine on my X1S because it needs to use the same (I'm assuming powered) USB as my external hdd