Microsoft has a hit on its hands with Xbox Game Pass, and analysts are starting to notice

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Microsoft changing the game industry once again first with Broadband Xbox Live and now with Netflix style gaming.

Microsoft has a hit on its hands with Xbox Game Pass, and analysts are starting to notice | On MSFT

While Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass isn’t quite the cloud-based initiative proposed during the Xbox One unveiling, or like Sony’s actual cloud-based solution with PS Now, its implementation does offer Microsoft a platform expansion that should worry competitors.

The launch of Xbox Game Pass has been a relative success for the company as Microsoft chalked up a 44% growth in its gaming revenues annually. The growth of the Xbox division helped add an additional 9% or $2.74 billion to the company’s bottom line, making it the third fastest growing sector in Microsoft’s portfolio.

Microsoft’s Xbox One hardware hasn’t been flying off the shelves in any noticeable way as of late thus isolating the gains in Xbox revenue to software related initiatives such as an increase in Xbox Live and Game Pass subscribers.

What this means is, that Microsoft isn’t going to be walking away from Xbox Game Pass anytime soon, and in fact, is already strategizing ways to expand the ecosystem.

The rumors that Microsoft is creating two next gen systems where one is streaming only will push Video games into a new fold

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Aside from Forza 4 (which I'm going to buy it out right here whenever I get around to Best Buy) Game Pass still isn't for me.
Everyone who really cares about the major XB1 games already has them.
If you don't have Gears of War, Halo 4, and Doom already then you pouring jelly all over yourself.
Other than that there's a bunch of indies and older gen games.
There's definitely value in the program, but right now, there isn't enough value in it for me.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Aside from Forza 4 (which I'm going to buy it out right here whenever I get around to Best Buy) Game Pass still isn't for me.
Everyone who really cares about the major XB1 games already has them.
If you don't have Gears of War, Halo 4, and Doom already then you pouring jelly all over yourself.
Other than that there's a bunch of indies and older gen games.
There's definitely value in the program, but right now, there isn't enough value in it for me.
So ud rather spend 60 on one game than to spend 60 for a year of 100+ games that includes the one game u want for 60?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So ud rather spend 60 on one game than to spend 60 for a year of 100+ games that includes the one game u want for 60?
Yes. :martin:
I'd rather pay $60 - $120 a year for the 2 possible must have XB1 exclusives a year that I want and never have to pay again, than to pay $10 a month to have access to 2 games I want and 98+ that I don't really care about.
What XB1 console exclusives have come out on game pass and retail this year?
Forza 4 and what else?

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I'd rather pay $60 - $120 a year for the 2 possible must have XB1 exclusives a year that I want and never have to pay again, than to pay $10 a month to have access to 2 games I want and 98+ that I don't really care about.
Forza 4 and what else?
10 a month? Bruh Gamepass for goes on sale for 60 every other month. So yeah if ur going to spend 60 anyways why not get the free games?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I tend to play one or two games at a time. For instance, almost all of my game time is in Destiny 2. I might play Fallout 76. I keep a backlog, so, I have plenty to do "between" games. I got the 2 month for 2 dollars. I downloaded like 3 games, played for like 15 minutes, and that was it. It's great, but not for EVERYBODY.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Game pass is great if you are just getting an Xbox and don't really have a good collection of games already.

Most of newer good games are Microsoft exclusives so if you are a Playstation or Nintendo gamer who wants to try out Xbox, Game pass is great for playing the Microsoft exclusives for a cheap price.

It's not something I would pay for all year because I already own so many of the good games on there.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
10 a month? Bruh Gamepass for goes on sale for 60 every other month. So yeah if ur going to spend 60 anyways why not get the free games?
Breh. I'm the king of scooping the best deals in the place.
The game pass with it's currently library doesn't work for me. I've been clear that it's a good deal.
For me personally, I already own every XB1 exclusive except Forza 4 and Sea of Thieves (which I tried on game pass and didn't like).
Renting all of those other games doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'm 32 years old (about to be 33 next week) and have been gaming heavily since about 5 or 6 years old.
I'm a very good judge of whether or not I'll like a particular game before even playing it.
Those other games on the game pass list don't do anything for me.
I'm not knocking those that like it. I'm just sayin it ain't for me, and when it comes down to the math, the choice is even easier.
You mention that I could play the same game for $60 a year while ignoring that I would have to keep paying $60 a year to have access to that same game.
There's also the fact that each year, the value of that game would significantly decrease, yet I would still be paying the same amount to have access to that game.
For people that only care about the AAA exclusives, Game Pass is not as good of a deal.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh. I'm the king of scooping the best deals in the place.
The game pass with it's currently library doesn't work for me. I've been clear that it's a good deal.
For me personally, I already own every XB1 exclusive except Forza 4 and Sea of Thieves (which I tried on game pass and didn't like).
Renting all of those other games doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'm 32 years old (about to be 33 next week) and have been gaming heavily since about 5 or 6 years old.
I'm a very good judge of whether or not I'll like a particular game before even playing it.
Those other games on the game pass list don't do anything for me.
I'm not knocking those that like it. I'm just sayin it ain't for me, and when it comes down to the math, the choice is even easier.
You mention that I could play the same game for $60 a year while ignoring that I would have to keep paying $60 a year to have access to that same game.
There's also the fact that each year, the value of that game would significantly decrease, yet I would still be paying the same amount to have access to that game.
For people that only care about the AAA exclusives, Game Pass is not as good of a deal.
Yup, I only care about AAA exclusives and even then a lot of them are not on Game Pass when they release.

Is BLOPS 4, RDR2, Fallout 76, BFV, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, SC6 etc out or coming out on Game pass?

I tried it out for 2 weeks just to try out FH4 and decided it's not worth it to keep since I'd have to be paying a monthly bill to have a game that I most likely not finish anytime soon.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Forza 4 and what else?
You're crazy. Just buy the game after you've finished playing the game for free. I was about to buy Forza Horizon 3, but instead of buying the game for $60, i instead purchased Game pass. Ive been able to play Horizon 3 as well as a host of other games. Any game you want to buy you can simply do so with a discount.

If its that serious ill simply buy Forza at a discounted rate a year or so from now when its much cheaper.

Game Pass is a godsend for the modern gamer. stop the hate.

Last edited:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Game Pass has been good to me. If Microsoft were serious, they'd put AAA titles on there for like a trial week or two, maybe a quarter of the full game to encourage people to pay $60 for the full game.