Microsoft gaming revenue for Q4 2021

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
That's kinda like a big deal, if you not moving hardware, to move hardware with a 200 percent increase means you're doing something really right. Especially when the selling point of xbox now is split heavily with gamepass software and the box itself
Right. But it's a new product. So it's sales will be up regardless.

If I sell 10 xbox ones last year. But then sold 10,000 Series X|S it's a 1,000% increase. But that's only 10,000 units.

It's a win but it's mostly posting big numbers for investors.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's clearly going to go up in price or offer another tier just like every single other subscription service

Indeed.

Question is by how much?

They already tried to be slick raising the price of Live Gold and it backfired :mjpls:

Most they should do is 5 bucks, anything more and they playing with fire.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Lemme check my stock real quick :mjgrin:

Edit: shyt went down today but still up over all. Let’s go game pass :damn:
Stock is falling even though revenue is up.

And lol @ this getting upped - lets see those "profit" numbers.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
After seeing Sony’s numbers today its clear to me that Xbox is losing money (or at least lost money this past quarter).

Sony made 6.2 billion in revenue compared to 3.5 billion. Sony ‘only’ made ~300 million profit. This is despite the fact that they combined a healthy PS4 userbase to PS5 numbers in regards to game sales and DLC add ons.

MS is the type to throw rocks and hide their hands. By that I mean, they have great PR and steal headlines but when its time to disclose numbers they hide things like well you know…operating profit which is the true barometer for how they are growing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
After seeing Sony’s numbers today its clear to me that Xbox is losing money (or at least lost money this past quarter).

Sony made 6.2 billion in revenue compared to 3.5 billion. Sony ‘only’ made ~300 million profit. This is despite the fact that they combined a healthy PS4 userbase to PS5 numbers in regards to game sales and DLC add ons.

MS is the type to throw rocks and hide their hands. By that I mean, they have great PR and steal headlines but when its time to disclose numbers they hide things like well you know…operating profit which is the true barometer for how they are growing.

You’re forgetting a 0 here.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Your math is broken :beli:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You’re forgetting a 0 here.

Sorry, I was referring to the fiscal quarter not year.

For the fiscal quarter (Jan-Mar 2021) Playstation made 6.24 Billion in Revenue (up 52% from the same time the previous year) and 0.312 Billion in profit (down 28% from the same time the previous year) . More money came in (hardware sales) but they were less profitable from lower software sales (and probably very little margin if any on the hardware sales)

For the fiscal year of Apr 2020 - March 2021, Playstation made 25 Billion Revenue(up 34% from the previous fiscal year) and 3.23 Billion in profit (up 44% from the previous fiscal year)

Your math is broken :beli:

If Xbox was profitable, they would've said it. Standard PR stuff. They wouldn't give a number, since it would be lower than both Sony and Nintendo, but they would say something like X% higher than last year or whatever. This past quarter, I highly doubt Xbox was profitable especially when comparing it with Sony's numbers. Microsoft would incur similar costs to Sony for launching new consoles but Sony sells more software and microtransactions than MS to turn profits.