Microsoft Finally Ditching their Browsers and Building their own version of Chrome

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm on Opera and Firefox, no need to be using chrome or MS ie or edge
I could ditch Chrome now that I think about it...
:jbhmm:

I use Samsung's browser on my phone because you can add extensions in it and you can't on Chrome Mobile. Might look into it for my desktop/laptop usage

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Aint nothing wrong with Edge as a browser. Clearly more people use Chrome but that shyt is a resource whore. Edge is faster and most browsing needs will NOT be affected at all by edgehtml vs chromium. Theres some things it has a harder time doing but it does almost everything else quicker. And this is coming from a chrome user. I just personally dont like Edge's interface and my tablet, phone, laptop using chrome is just easier for handoff and password ecosystem.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
I don't really mess with Edge outside of Xbox. It's not horrible, but the other browsers are just better.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of us, have jobs where things we have to do only work correctly on IE.
:ohhh:
Or work in places where IT only allows IE as the preferred browser of choice...
I work in IT and don't have this problem
:blessed:

Luckily "IT" isn't solely for security issues/patches and troubleshooting or problem tickets.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Some of us, have jobs where things we have to do only work correctly on IE.

Or work in places where IT only allows IE as the preferred browser of choice...

I hope neither of you are web/application developers because you're being held back considerably if you can only work in IE/Edge.

That shyt is damn near unheard of :picard:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I use safari and Brave

Might use chrome every so often but itโ€™s a resource hog

I donโ€™t even use windows anymore but if I did Iโ€™m downloading Mozilla, chrome, or Brave.

I forget what I use on Linux.. I think itโ€™s Firefox still

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope neither of you are web/application developers because you're being held back considerably if you can only work in IE/Edge.

That shyt is damn near unheard of :picard:

When I supported web/app devs they indeed used all available browsers (usually FF, more robust dev mode or if they mad macs, safari or chrome) and were local admins on their computers/servers they did work on... Cool when they have no problems, not when they do.

I work for education rn, the manager hates chrome with a passion even though we got GPO set to neuter the hell outta it. so IE it is.