Microsoft finally admits what we all know. “Many” PlayStation exclusives “better quality” than those on Xbox

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's almost as if Sony had a working relationship with them in the past

:ohhh:

Was FF7 on the N64?

The Japanese ads even made mention of their working relationship in the past amongst memories held by gamers.

Pathetic.

I do always find the Final Fantasy 7 Remake complaints funny, Sony was the original publisher of that game and its what propelled final fantasy into the stratosphere. Square Enix and Sony are like Intelligent labs and Nintendo, they’re about as 2nd party as it gets

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah they just need to build a whole relationship with Japan. No problem.

And yet, their relationship with Zenimax/Bethesda awarded them about a dozen of popular IP that will be exclusive. seems fair, you use what you got. Microsoft have relationships with western studios and people that have been publishing on windows for decades, not japanese studios

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And yet, their relationship with Zenimax/Bethesda awarded them about a dozen of popular IP that will be exclusive.

Their relationship and most importantly

$$$$$$$

Square is not a 1st party studio of sony yet. Yet MS can't get certain games on Xbox timed if at all..

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Their relationship and most importantly

$$$$$$$

Square is not a 1st party studio of sony yet. Yet MS can't get certain games on Xbox timed if at all..

You had it right during the second line. The reason Microsoft misses out on AAA japanese games and especially Square Enix games is because they don’t make money on their platform. Almost every major japanese game released on xbox now is on gamepass because thats the only way it makes it worth it for them to bother porting games on the platform.

Its why Octopath 2 isn’t on Xbox because they didn’t cough up the gamepass money for it. If square enix could make more money making exclusive games for microsoft they would do it, because they are a business first.

Even if they held some kind of undying loyalty to sony, it wouldn’t outweigh the revenue they would make not accepting those deals. So they gotta do what they’re doing with Kojima, go shake Hands and kiss rings over there, and prove to those devs they can be successful on their platform.

Sony already proved it over 30 years of business

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Bots already pivoting to Nintendo and third party exclusives before I even saw this thread :mjlol:

Sure wish I could play Stalker 2 and Contraband on my PS5, but I guess we gotta blame Sony for that :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bots already pivoting to Nintendo and third party exclusives before I even saw this thread :mjlol:

Sure wish I could play Stalker 2 and Contraband on my PS5, but I guess we gotta blame Sony for that :wow:

Stoic made one of my favorite franchises last gen, The Banner Saga, i would be surprised if more than 5 other people here played through those games, and Microsoft bought exclusivity for their next game.

Thats the way shyt goes, I guess.:yeshrug: