Microsoft bound by law to inform people of inactive gamepass subscriptions and refund sub charges

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Those little 1 dollar deals prob gonna disappear soon, at least in the UK :francis:

Microsoft Will Reach Out To Inactive Game Pass Users Due To UK Government Investigation

Finally, after years of consumers spending eyewatering amounts of money on unused services, the UK government is investigating the practice of auto-renewing subscriptions. And now, Xbox is already pledging to make changes to how it handles subscriptions of its Live and Game Pass services. It says that it will reach out to inactive users to remind them that they are paying into these subscriptions, and will even cancel payments if they go unused for some time.

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More companies should do this, best thing that could’ve happened to M$ is falling behind last gen because it’s the consumers who are going to benefit and they already have with gamespass ect

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
More companies should do this, best thing that could’ve happened to M$ is falling behind last gen because it’s the consumers who are going to benefit and they already have with gamespass ect

Well they were forced into doing it. Which si why they aren’t doing it in the US

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you paying for a service you aren't using that's on you. Responsible adults manage their money and check their financial statements. If something post and you don't use it the call should be made to cancel it. Hell I use my cell phone calander to put reminders of when to make sure a service is canceled.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
If you paying for a service you aren't using that's on you. Responsible adults manage their money and check their financial statements. If something post and you don't use it the call should be made to cancel it. Hell I use my cell phone calander to put reminders of when to make sure a service is canceled.

And that's never going to happen because a good portion of out species is stupid and will forget. Just like with gym memberships. So I'm not against a reminder. If anything it looks good for the company.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And that's never going to happen because a good portion of out species is stupid and will forget. Just like with gym memberships. So I'm not against a reminder. If anything it looks good for the company.
The government stepping in to make sure companies treat adults like children isn't helping them. Part of the reason people are the way they are financially is because they don't have to accept responsibility for their own finances. We live in a society that enables fiscal irresponsibility.

I'm not against a renewal reminder but naw to all that cancel the inactive service they're still paying the bill for stuff. If they aren't going to manage their services that's their fault and they should pay.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The government stepping in to make sure companies treat adults like children isn't helping them. Part of the reason people are the way they are financially is because they don't have to accept responsibility for their own finances. We live in a society that enables fiscal irresponsibility.

I'm not against a renewal reminder but naw to all that cancel the inactive service they're still paying the bill for stuff. If they aren't going to manage their services that's their fault and they should pay.

But people are never going to be that though. If people were more responsible the world would be a better place in general. Nothing wrong with legislation that looks out for people. I'm not speaking for myself. I'm on auto renew for a reason.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamepass subscriber numbers are about to go way down