Microsoft bought Ninja Theory in June 2018. Where are the games?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they released spider and ratchet one game that they are on # 16 of but no one seems to get tired of. Yet want to call Halo and gets a played out IP. And another game they essential just released an expansion for plus a remaster :mjlol:
Before yall come at my neck, it's nothing wrong with that:hubie:, but don't act like Xbox ain't got titles or isn't releasing great games. Nor that they are taking some abnormally long time for a company that bought companies in 2018 when through covid and have been releasing games since 2021 consistently with 2022 being the lightest of years for them since 2018.
meanwhile we got 1 MAYBE 3 1st party games coming out of sony this year if we lucky and all goes right with both spiderman and Factions. Otherwise that the horizon DLC is going to have to hold yall over.:manny:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Last time I checked, ninja theory who makes Hellblade is a first party developer and Konami who makes MGS4 is a third party developer

Well then Konami been hiking out…. Over the years there’s been a few EXCLUSIVE PS games that never made it to Xbox. They either need to port them over or Xbox may need to keep that same energy with all the companies they now have:lupe:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a valid question asked in the dumbest possible way.

Insomniac and Ninja Theory are two drastically differently sized studios, and Miles Morales, the remaster, and Rift Apart were likely already in production prior to the purchase.

Only reason it's valid to ask a question about Ninja Theory is that it'd be interesting to see what it is they're getting out of being owned by Microsoft aside from steady funding. I would've assumed that Microsoft would've shifted sone resources their way to get Hellblade 2 out the door by now.

• Dap
Reactions: GZR

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is a valid question asked in the dumbest possible way.

Insomniac and Ninja Theory are two drastically differently sized studios, and Miles Morales, the remaster, and Rift Apart were likely already in production prior to the purchase.

Only reason it's valid to ask a question about Ninja Theory is that it'd be interesting to see what it is they're getting out of being owned by Microsoft aside from steady funding. I would've assumed that Microsoft would've shifted sone resources their way to get Hellblade 2 out the door by now.

I mean, what resources? the majority of microsofts gaming staff is made up of contractors. They don’t have a bunch of support studios like sony

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How does a studio that's maybe 4x the size of another studio get so many games out while the smaller one has been working on a game they started as an independent studio for many years? Inquiring minds want to know why smaller studios can't even come close to matching the output of much larger ones.

An Idea is Hellblade 2's scope likely increased with the Microsoft purchase. Same thing with Psychonauts 2. One would imagine after June Hellblade 2's status should be clearer.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I dont really think Ninja Theory should be compared to Insomniac, thats dumb.

I do kind of think people underestimate the amount of resources and work that goes into Sony pushing out “blockbuster” games every year though. Sony commit an incredible amount of resources to pushing big games. They have a completely different work ethos than the rest of the industry because they’ve depended on these games to make their system stand out, ever since the original FF7, which they published. Thats why they’ve bought and built so many support studios, like San Mateo, Valkyrie, Nixxes, Sony Visual Arts Group, Sony Malaysia, XDev, etc.

Thats why it was always funny that people thoguht Microsoft was just going to simply ‘throw a bunch of money’ at these studios and have them suddenly making TLOU and God of War type games within a generation.

Microsoft have to build up their game development pipeline that only existed for 3 franchises as of last generation

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one thing I noticed is all the UE5 games are taking a long time to come out. maybe that's a coincidence, or maybe the engine is difficult for dev's

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Microsoft buys companies to destroy them because they want to end gaming and revive it under their services

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
So they released spider and ratchet one game that they are on # 16 of but no one seems to get tired of. Yet want to call Halo and gets a played out IP. And another game they essential just released an expansion for plus a remaster :mjlol:
Before yall come at my neck, it's nothing wrong with that:hubie:, but don't act like Xbox ain't got titles or isn't releasing great games. Nor that they are taking some abnormally long time for a company that bought companies in 2018 when through covid and have been releasing games since 2021 consistently with 2022 being the lightest of years for them since 2018.
meanwhile we got 1 MAYBE 3 1st party games coming out of sony this year if we lucky and all goes right with both spiderman and Factions. Otherwise that the horizon DLC is going to have to hold yall over.:manny:
Ratchet and clank is one of if not the best platformer of all time

Xbox does not have titles