Microsoft begs HTC to dual boot Windows on Android phones

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft Corp. is talking to HTC about adding its Windows operating system to HTC’s Android-based smartphones at little or no cost, people with knowledge of the matter said, evidence of the company’s struggle to gain ground in the mobile-software market.

Terry Myerson, head of Microsoft’s operating systems unit, asked HTC last month to load Windows Phone as a second option on handsets withGoogle Inc. (GOOG)’s rival software, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the talks are private. Myerson discussed cutting or eliminating the license fee to make the idea more attractive, the people said. The talks are preliminary and no decision has been made, two people said.

The willingness to add Windows as a second operating system underscores the lengths to which Microsoft will go to get manufacturers to carry its software. Microsoft, with a mere 3.7 percent of the market, is finding it more necessary to make concessions after agreeing to acquireNokia Oyj (NOK1V)’s handset unit, which competes with other smartphone makers.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...to-ask-htc-to-put-windows-on-more-phones.html

:russ:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@Hiphoplives4eva :pacspit: bu bu but we got market share in Europe!!!!! Lol dumbass.

Samsung's Mobile Chief (J.K. Shin) discussing Samsung's preference for Google Inc.'s Android operating system over Microsoft Corp.'s software:
WSJ: Samsung has become a dominant maker of Android-based phones. Has your relationship with Google changed?

Mr. Shin: We like Android and we plan to continue our good relations with Google. I don't think it's correct to say that there's friction.

WSJ: What about your relationship with Microsoft? Has it changed after Nokia began to work more closely with Microsoft on Windows devices?

Mr. Shin: Smartphones and tablets based on Microsoft's Windows operating system aren't selling very well. There is a preference in the market for Android. In Europe, we're also seeing lackluster demand for Windows-based products.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324077704578358283252725470.html
:lolbron:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
hiphoplives4eva is like Baghdad bob for windows phones...

BaghdadBob.gif

can't really say the same about courtdog because the xbox platform is profitable and successful and their fate next gen is still unknown but i'm going to assume they will be successful enough to compete with sony even though i'm going to have to make sony the favorite to take the next gen in terms of sales in U.S. and worldwide but the xbox one looks like a very capable system

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hiphoplives4eva is like Baghdad bob for windows phones...

BaghdadBob.gif

can't really say the same about courtdog because the xbox platform is profitable and successful and their fate next gen is still unknown but i'm going to assume they will be successful enough to compete with sony even though i'm going to have to make sony the favorite to take the next gen in terms of sales in U.S. and worldwide but the xbox one looks like a very capable system

:deadrose:

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea
I had a htc amaze that got fukked up
So I copped a lumia 521 real quick
I got the htc fixed but its hard to go back to it
The battery on the lumia is only a 1430 but it lasts days
The shyt never dies
And don't let it get to battery saving mode
It'll stay on 10% for 3 days

I wanna go back to the bigger, nicer phone with all the features but its hard
Maybe a bigger & better phone with an os that's not to battery draining could work

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Lol can't wait til he comes in here and does two things

Says HTC is failing and that why they its failing

Says android is loosing to ms and that's why it's happening

Or "Why do you Android peasants feel the need to bring up M$?" :russ: