Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We just made a recommendation an opinion
M$ is crying like bytches
They not crying, they hit y’all with the
c7l6i.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don’t think it was that cut and dry. But microsoft and bethesda have always had a close relationship and it seems Tim Howard advocated the microsoft purchase over a deal to make starfield exclusive to playstation.

And this is the type of stuff that’s typical. I just usually goes the other way around as Playstation usually has the better “relationship” with 3rd parties by virtue of being dominant in the industry longer.
I know Bethesda had a much better relationship with microsoft, and I'm sure the information came out in some type of discussion, but the way it's being described sounds like Todd ran to microsoft to warn them about sony’s future business strategies. That sounds like an anti trust violation.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
their goal is to make a game like COD console exclusive to XBOX and available on gamepass. All this cappin is proof they're willing to pay the fine when the reverse their decision after acquisition. They never discussed exclusivity means they haven't YET. this is how you legally work around shyt.....
yup that is exactly what they will do and just eat the fines and punishments that come down

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know Bethesda had a much better relationship with microsoft, and I'm sure the information came out in some type of discussion, but the way it's being described sounds like Todd ran to microsoft to warn them about sony’s future business strategies. That sounds like an anti trust violation.
Yeah it seems like everything was on a up and up until this.

Now they have evidence that directly goes against what they are saying overall. Is there nuances to it? Yes, but in a case like this that nuance matters little especially to people are removed from gaming.

This could easily shut down what looked like a clean sweep.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:ehh: that's wild tho

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why did you quote “in talks” where does it say that :dahell:

sparking reports that Microsoft has been in talks with several Japanese studios for possible acquisition. Spencer is speaking out against those reports, stating that there is no truth to the conversation surrounding current goals.

Speaking with the folks over at GameSpot, Spencer mentioned that, as far as he is aware, there are no talks happening currently with Japan-based studios. "I don't think so," he told the site. "I mean, I'm not in every meeting that every team has, but I'll say not from me."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

That makes no sense, if they he asked Microsoft to put a bid n for sega thats means they were seeking to acquire a Japanese publisher. This is some real spin doctor shyt.

Yall really MAGA :wow:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
That makes no sense, if they he asked Microsoft to put a bid n for sega thats means they were seeking to acquire a Japanese publisher. This is some real spin doctor shyt.

Word, All playstation owners aren’t white supremacists, but all Weeb/white supremacists are PlayStation owners.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

He always said he wanted to buy a japanese dev.

Wanting to buy one and being in active talks are two different things.

Sony stan twitter really knows how to manipulate y’all for clicks.:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY