Michael: The Michael Jackson Biopic from Antoine Fuqua, Starring Jaafar Jackson | April 18, 2025

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My main concern with this film as with most biopics is that they will try to fit in every bit of his life into 2hrs+ and things dont get a chance to breathe as they should. Biopics are better when they focus on one particular time in a person's life. Like Walk the Line was mainly about the beginnings of Johnny Cash's relationship with June and it was a great film because of it.

Michael has four big eras (70s, 80s, 90s and 00s) and you could probably make a film out of each of them so trying to condense it all into one is a wild feat that is going to be extremely difficult to pull off.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My main concern with this film as with most biopics is that they will try to fit in every bit of his life into 2hrs+ and things dont get a chance to breathe as they should. Biopics are better when they focus on one particular time in a person's life. Like Walk the Line was mainly about the beginnings of Johnny Cash's relationship with June and it was a great film because of it.

Michael has four big eras (70s, 80s, 90s and 00s) and you could probably make a film out of each of them so trying to condense it all into one is a wild feat that is going to be extremely difficult to pull off.
I thought I read somewhere that this movie would only go up to the late 80s

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Marley movie just tried to do that, focus on a certain period in someone's life, but it was still too much to cover.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Ray did a great job at it.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Yeah i'd prefer either a multi-part movie or a full blown mini-series like they did with New Edition.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps

It’d be so dope if they made it a series

70s era 2025

80s 2027

90s 2029

00s til death 2031