Michael Porter Jr: Getting a Max contract makes it harder to enjoy the game because you have expectations

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

0:15

- "It takes away the fun because of the pressure of consistency, of being an All Star"
- "Takes away the joy because of the expectations around it"
- "But overall it's a blessing. Makes me more hungry to have something to prove"

Dammit. MPJ would have been having all of this fun, if it wasn't for those pesky expectations

2bq.gif

The Max is a broken system. Just put a stipulation that you are not eligible for a max contract if you have not made an All Star team. Simple

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

- "It takes away the fun because of the pressure of consistency, of being an All Star"
- "But overall it's a blessing. Makes me more hungry to have something to prove"

Dammit. MPJ would have been having all of this fun, if it wasn't for those pesky expectations

2bq.gif

The Max is a broken system. Just put a stipulation that you are not eligible for a max contract if you have not made an All Star team. Simple

He was never worth it but the Nuggets paid him on potential and his game just never grew

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This guy has always had a very soft aura about him. Great shooter but he hasn’t been anything special in the league. Apparently before his back injury he was amazing but I never seen it. He’s not even a “max” player :mjlol: in terms of his actual on the floor production and value but the league makes billions and has to pay 2-3 top guys on a team. Very soft and lame take from him.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps

2bq.gif

They need to get rid of the system all together. Hard cap, pay the 15 players what the market says they are worth.
:camby:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to get rid of the system all together. Hard cap, pay the 15 players what the market says they are worth.
:camby:

And the owners pocket the rest of the billions the league generates? I don’t know about that

I think they need a bonus structure. Guys have their salary cap hit and you earn bonuses based off incentives in your contract. They can even include signing on bonuses that can be a one time payout

The league makes so much money now I don’t think they’ll change the cap structure even if it’s hurting the game

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the owners pocket the rest of the billions the league generates? I don’t know about that

I think they need a bonus structure. Guys have their salary cap hit and you earn bonuses based off incentives in your contract. They can even include signing on bonuses that can be a one time payout

The league makes so much money now I don’t think they’ll change the cap structure even if it’s hurting the game

They already do incentives

I think people just have to accept that there’s always going to be players who get paid disproportionately more or less than their production should warrant

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I don't trust a word from anyone with 3 brothers various stages of anti social behavior