Michael Keaton appreciation thread

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Not my favorite but a very underrated actor and I enjoyed most of his work. From "Mr. Mom" to "Gung Ho" to "The Squeeze" and of course "Batman". He was the best Bruce Wayne by a long shot. Even "Beetlejuice" was a great movie. He's found his way in some good supporting roles in other films too. He's a great all-around actor and I'm hoping that he does get some more work.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I've been glancing @ this thread thinking it was about

alex-p-keaton.jpg

:dead:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Felt like posting in this. Is it crazy if he's one of my five favorite actors of all time? When I think about it, I've never not enjoyed a role of his I think he's great in all of them even if I'm not a big fan of the movie really. Kinda like how I enjoyed Fassbender in Jonah hex but the movie sucked. Even tho I don't really think any of Keaton's movies sucked

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Felt like posting in this. Is it crazy if he's one of my five favorite actors of all time? When I think about it, I've never not enjoyed a role of his I think he's great in all of them even if I'm not a big fan of the movie really. Kinda like how I enjoyed Fassbender in Jonah hex but the movie sucked. Even tho I don't really think any of Keaton's movies sucked

He's my favorite actor. Do I think he's the GREATEST actor? No but there's no actor I'd rather watch. He just has an undeniable presence and charisma that's entertaining to watch.

I hope he has a real Matthew McCon style come back after Birdman :blessed:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
He's my favorite actor. Do I think he's the GREATEST actor? No but there's no actor I'd rather watch. He just has an undeniable presence and charisma that's entertaining to watch.

I hope he has a real Matthew McCon style come back after Birdman :blessed:
Well put

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
b list version of george clooney. made a better batman but still
same character traits when it comes to acting

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beetlejuice 2 Filming, News, and Casting: Beetlejuice Sequel Confirmed to Happen, But When Will They Start Filming?

January 14, 2016
29792.jpg

It has been confirmed to happen, however until now there's still no movement on the upcoming 'Beetlejuice Sequel' so the question is; is it actually happening? If so, when are they going to start filming?

The launch of "Beetlejuice" has truly been also the launch of Tim Burton's career. After Beetlejuice, the director has been barely away from the spotlight launching films almost every year for the past 25 years. Beetlejuice is a real success, with the perfect combination of wit and gothic scenery; back it was released it was truly have been a revelation for all of us. The question of life after death has truly been in the minds of the living and Tim Burton's take on it is truly interesting.

Is it Really Happening?

Seth Grahame-Smith (Writer for Beetlejuice 2) told iDigitalTimes, "I think we landed on the right idea, landed on the right approach. It's just now making sure that-for me-I don't want to shyt my pants in front of the entire world making a sequel to one of my favorite movies."

After a few months; the 'Beetlejuice 2' news went cold, but recently Seth Grahame-Smith (Writer of Beetlejuice 2) told Entertainment Weekly, "I've emailed with Michael Keaton. I know he's excited about the idea. I know Tim is excited about the idea. Where it stands now is Tim's got to get ready to make ['Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'], and then hopefully we are set, deals are done, and we're waiting in the wings ready to go right after 'Peregrine's' wraps up. The ideal timeline is we're really getting into it toward the end of this year."

According to Tim Burton, "There's a script now that I think is closer to what it could be and I'm excited about it. I wouldn't call it so much a sequel, but it'll have some characters [from the original 'Beetlejuice']. It's a bit too early to say but it's definitely something that's on my radar and something I'd love to do."

Beetlejuice 2 Casting

According to Screenrant, when Tim Burton was asked by MTV News about Wynona Ryder having a role in Beetlejuice 2, he replied, "Oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Oh yeah, oh yeah. Yeah yeah, oh yeah."

During Sundance Film, Winona Ryder also said, "As far as I know, it's gonna happen," when she was asked about a Beetlejuice sequel.

In the Winona's recent interview with NBC, she said, "Um, I think I can confirm it, because Tim Burton did this interview - like, it was very hush hush, top secret ..."

Previously, in his interview with IGN, Tim Burton said, "There's only one Beetlejuice, and that's Michael. There is a script, and I would love to work with him again. I think there is now a better chance than ever... I miss that character. There's something that's cathartic and amazing about it. I think it's closer than ever."

Micheal Keaton also expressed his interest in being Beetlejuice again, "I always said that's the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again.

According to Seth Grahame-Smith 'Beetlejuice 2' might start filming right after 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'; most believe it'll be earlier this year.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:martin:

So Clooney could play Beetlejuice?

Keatons must underrated role is Gung Ho!
That performance is gold. If yall haven't seen it, see it now especially if u a Keaton fan.
If I had to recast with someone similar it would be Clooney.