Michael Keaton appreciation thread

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
On the low one of my favorite actors ever.

The thing I like about Keaton was how versatile he could be. He got his start as a comedic actor and total scene stealer (Beetlejuice, Night Shift), but then he naturally took the Batman role.

It's kinda crazy to think how much of a curveball it was Keaton being cast as Batman. It would be the equivalent of someone like Paul Rudd (:scusthov:) being cast as Batman nowdays. But he pulled it off effortlessly and for my money he's still the best Batman. Certainly the best Bruce Wayne.

He could also do dramatic roles very well (see playing a cokehead in Clean and Sober, a very underrated film) and he could be genuinely creepy (Pacific Heights)

His career took a weird turn in the 90s. It was like he was one of the biggest stars in the world and then just disappeared from the spotlight overnight. But he seems to be on the come up lately with Toy Story and being cast in the Robocop remake as the villain.

Keaton :salute:

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
mRrHR.jpg
>>>

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i always found how he fell off kind of weird as well. i wouldn't say he's my favorite actor but he solid enough to get more work than he does. i would follow his career because i was a big batman fan when i was younger, especially when i got the movie on vhs. t'was a pity when they decided to go with kilmer instead of him for the third movie (but i think he's the one who declined the role)...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Keaton is an extremely underratted actor, when he did that HBO movie, where he was a journalist in the 1st Gulf War. He was excellent, but yea, he's a very solid actor who has great range, it's a shame he will be seen as a relic of the 80's and 90's. Also shoutout to 'Multiplicity'. Movie was ahead of it's time in some ways.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I love that scene when Keaton flips and starts smashing shyt in Batman.

These Nolan fanboys can pontificate all they want, but that Batman film is just classic scene after classic scene. Way more entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator: