Michael Jordan Talks About his Hands When he is Playing Basketball

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Cris Carter was working with, I think, OBJ this off season and was saying something similar about his thumb

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Meanwhile curry can't palm a ball without grabbing his other hand and forcing it in and shoots way better than MJ ever dreamed off.

Guess curry can dream about getting 6 finals mvps then.

Have 2 rings yet no finals mvps:mjlol:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Ideally the middle finger should be the last finger to touch the ball when releasing.
The end of the arm should be completely squared to the basket and the wrist should hinge directly forward.

If these are the regular mechanics for someone, then the ball coming off the ring or pinkie finger is a sign that the arm had internally rotated and the wrist had to move outward laterally and then forward in order to make the ball go towards the rim rather than unintentionally across the body.

This is what he is referring to.

This is also why shooting with the feet completely square to the basket is terrible and should not be taught. The feet need to be offset slightly so that the shoulder isn't overrotated to get the elbow into position.

Plus I was watching this video on shooting mechanics on YouTube and not squaring the feet generates more power for better range. A Lower dip does of the ball does so as well

I changed my shot mechanics towards the end of high school. One of my Brehs was super fast and played soccer. And then after a while not kicking it he ended up my neighbour and all of a sudden he's playing basketball and had a good shot. Better than mine and I had been playing all my life. Anyway I worked on it from there. You start to be aware of which finger has that sensation that it's right. My goal was everyday to get to a point I was in a zone. I was manic about it

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Watched this a few days ago. Pretty captivating stuff tbh.

That's one thing about Mike's game no one has replicated. That hangtime plus superior ball control in air. Some of those double clutches he had are just mind blowing to me.

I just need one player to really commit to finishing with that type of swag

Players concentrate on drawing the foul now versus actually making the basket :francis::hhh: