Michael Jordan Talks About his Hands When he is Playing Basketball

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Watched this a few days ago. Pretty captivating stuff tbh.

That's one thing about Mike's game no one has replicated. That hangtime plus superior ball control in air. Some of those double clutches he had are just mind blowing to me.

I just need one player to really commit to finishing with that type of swag

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My pops always preached about my shot needing to come off my index and middle fingers. So much though that my follow through had those two fingers together with my thumb, ring and pinky spread out from those two. Basketball science right there.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps

That's one thing about Mike's game no one has replicated. That hangtime plus superior ball control in air. Some of those double clutches he had are just mind blowing to me.

didn't even travel either:blessed:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kawhi the closest in terms of hands size.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes what Kobe did even more impressive with them lil ass hands :wow:
hbAjWA2.jpg

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My pops always preached about my shot needing to come off my index and middle fingers. So much though that my follow through had those two fingers together with my thumb, ring and pinky spread out from those two. Basketball science right there.

Ideally the middle finger should be the last finger to touch the ball when releasing.
The end of the arm should be completely squared to the basket and the wrist should hinge directly forward.

If these are the regular mechanics for someone, then the ball coming off the ring or pinkie finger is a sign that the arm had internally rotated and the wrist had to move outward laterally and then forward in order to make the ball go towards the rim rather than unintentionally across the body.

This is what he is referring to.

This is also why shooting with the feet completely square to the basket is terrible and should not be taught. The feet need to be offset slightly so that the shoulder isn't overrotated to get the elbow into position.