Michael Jordan, Jerry Stackhouse, and Vince Carter are an interesting charactor study

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
jordan_carter_stackhouse_unc_wallpaper.jpg

Stack: Height: 6-6 ▪ Weight: 218 lbs.
Draft: Philadelphia 76ers, 1st round (3rd pick, 3rd overall), 1995 NBA Draft*

Mj:*Height: 6-6 ▪ Weight: 195 lbs.
Draft: Chicago Bulls, 1st round (3rd pick, 3rd overall), 1984 NBA Draft*

Vc: *Height: 6-6 ▪ Weight: 215 lbs.
Draft: Golden State Warriors, 1st round (5th pick, 5th overall), 1998 NBA Draft

You cant really choose a better control situation to compare three athletes, and look at what makes some succeed, the nature vs nuture debate, and see what makes players in the same situation, the same background better than others.

Physically, these 3 are the same guy. Jordan a bit leaner, VC can jump a little more. No REAL differences in athleticism and ability. They can run the court non stop for 48 min at their peak, they can jump out of the gym, are all from the same mold.

They had the same background and the same coach in college. All 3 were surrounded by talent at that level and succeeded at a high level in college

Their games started out at level and style. All 3 were above the rim players and could dunk on anyone on earth, and had good handles.All 3 entered dunk contests and got increased fame through that.

All three were in similar situations when drafted. Chicago, phily, and toronto were in serious rebuilding mode when they were drafted, and they had a lot of work to do.

So

With all that said, what in their charactor, work ethic, skillset, or what made them different? Why did michael jordan succeed so much more than jerry stackhouse and vince carter? Why did stackhouse have what i would call a BETTER career than vc and played his position better as his career progressed? What factors go into this, and where did they come from? Some say college but clearly, that wasnt a factor here.

Your thoughts?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Even in college, Jordan always had a better skill foundation and was more fundamentally sound than those other two though.

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
bro jerry stackhouse is my nikka and all, but for you to say that they are physically the same guy and that he has no real difference in athleticism between him and jordan and vince means you're tripping.

Jerry, never in a million years, posessed the grace, athleticism or explosiveness of MJ and Vinsanity.

continue...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I thought Stackhouse would've had a better NBA career than VC.

As for Jordan, I'm pretty sure nobody knew he'd be as good as he was.

And if you say you saw in UNC Jordan, a player who would be the greatest NBA player of alltime, YOU are a liar.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
bro jerry stackhouse is my nikka and all, but for you to say that they are physically the same guy and that he has no real difference in athleticism between him and jordan and vince means you're tripping.

Jerry, never in a million years, posessed the grace, athleticism or explosiveness of MJ and Vinsanity.

continue...

Stackhouse was definitely as explosive as jordan, not vc though. Jordan was faster though than stack.

What amount of difference are we talking? The bball equivilant of a 4.4 vs a 4.5?

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
I thought Stackhouse would've had a better NBA career than VC.

As for Jordan, I'm pretty sure nobody knew he'd be as good as he was.

And if you say you saw in UNC Jordan, a player who would be the greatest NBA player of alltime, YOU are a liar.

True.

MJ was great in college, but was on a whole nother lever after the first couple of years in the NBA.

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
Stackhouse was definitely as explosive as jordan, not vc though. Jordan was faster though than stack.

What amount of difference are we talking? The bball equivilant of a 4.4 vs a 4.5?

no he wasnt bro..It's Just That Simple

I don't see how you can let your eyes lie to you.

Stackhouse was quick as fukk though..but he was nowhere near VC or MJ in terms of any other athletic standard b.

Stackhouse was a good all around athlete. Jordan and VC are AMAZING/LEGENDARY all around athletes

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
no he wasnt bro..It's Just That Simple

I don't see how you can let your eyes lie to you.

Stackhouse was quick as fukk though..but he was nowhere near VC or MJ in terms of any other athletic standard b.

Stackhouse was a good all around athlete. Jordan and VC are AMAZING/LEGENDARY all around athletes

I don't think the gap was big at all. 95 stackhouse vs 95 jordan wasn't a major difference in athleticism. You can say how you feel as definitevly as you'd like.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
as with everything, its mentality.

Vince never had it

Stack had it, but no one liked him

while Mike had it and forced people to like him

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
sh!t when was the last time someone from UNC made an NBA all star game?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This thread sucks....

Talking about how 95 Stack is equal athletically to a Jordan that's been in the league for a decade

Jordan succeeded because he needed to be the best, them other nikkas were ok with being mediocre.

:what:

nikka everything you do in life sucks. shut the fukk up and fukk up another nikkas thread you bytch ass nikka.