Michael Jackson used to legit put people in the hospital just off of standing still on stage. Stop the comparisons, brehs.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Michael is the GOAT GOAT. fukk an Elvis, fukk a Madonna, fukk a Beetles. We will never see something of his magnitude ever in music. Putting Cena in the same category is disrespectful and I would put Hogan or the Rock before him anyways if we talkin wrestling and popular appeal.

But Michael was something else on some phenomon type of shyt. Had both nikkas and bytches comatose off his presence. He was definitely on a different frequency than the average human being.

I think Chris Brown would have came close to that if he had more humility made clean music and didn’t partake in base head activities.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Mike had aborigines living under a rock in Middle Of Nowhere Country, moonwalking.
Mike had people born in the 90s fainting
Mike was so big, he had grown adults calling little children manipulative liars and evil

Mike was untouchable and it's not even close.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Cena:gucci:
The Rock had a greater reign than him. He's one of the few heels to be stanned into a face. He even kept his stan base after briefly turning heel.

Daps
Mike had aborigines living under a rock in Middle Of Nowhere Country, moonwalking.
Mike had people born in the 90s fainting
Mike was so big, he had grown adults calling little children manipulative liars and evil

Mike was untouchable and it's not even close.

Those children were manipulative liars and evil. :pacspit: them kids. :ufdup:

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Power of the Black man, breh. :wow:
Real talk Mike tapped into the power tapped into that godflow energy that’s in all of us. He was god fearing and had a pure heart. That’s why children gravitated to him.

Of Course with that amount of love comes with a high abundance of hate. These evil cacs literally destroyed this man on some Jesus level shyt.

Superstar
Daps
:skip: i think this fan was having some kinda attack for a minute or 2

Solo_87

All Star
Daps

They really got Cena up there next to the GOAT. Really nxgga :mjtf:

I hate that y'all younger folks never got a chance to see what MJ was in his prime. I hate that for you. If he hadn't passed away (been murdered) before the "This is It" tour, y'all would have got a chance to experience it.

But Michael Jackson was a force of nature. Dude would come on stage and PAWGs would be passing out left and right.

Every city that the GOAT would come to had a standing order to have multiple ambulances on standby wherever he was gonna be, cause somebody was definitely gonna lose consciousness and hit their head.

This brotha had people losing it, women, men, children, babies, gangsters, presidents, everybody. Dude was THE superstar. There was nobody on his level then, and nobody has come close to his level since.

People want to compare Beyonce, but I just got done watching that Beyonce video where she had a wardrobe malfunction, and there were so many empty seats in the stadium that it was ridiculous. Not to mention that she had to cancel one of her dates because she didn't sell enough tickets.

If the This Is It tour had happened, there would not have been an empty seat ANYwhere. Mike would have shut it down in every city he went to.

And y'all bring up the Weeknd? Y'all bring up Beyonce? Man them folks ain't seeing MJ on any day of the week. I don't care what they do, they can never touch the feats of Michael Jackson the GOAT.

Unno about empty seats with B...I know some seats are not available for purchase due to the view of stage being obstructed

But the European leg of Beys tour just grossed $154.4 million and sold 1 million tickets across 21 shows. Still got 40 something shows to go

For comparison Janet Jackson's Together Again Tour (2023) just wrapped and grossed $51 million, which beat her personal best

Taylor Swift and Weeknd are killing it as well and breaking records

That said, hate the comparisons unfair to the artist involved...MJ peak was during a different time in history before streaming, social media, etc. Don't think we will ever see a star of his magnitude and influence

Last edited:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
And the fact that MJ made the best new jack swing album ever on his first try with Dangerous made him untouchable. Genre died out 2 years later cause it was futile.

Joedci, TLC & R. Kelly became the new r&b sound cause MJ shutdown new jack swing.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
well, there's one thing I can say that Mike did that was a lot different from most of the artists out now because it's much more of an industry than it was when he developed: he was able to create, control, and grow his own artistic development and image moreso than having constraints and limitations being put on him at the outset. I feel like that makes his evolution as an artist much more unique and real compared to these artists that come out now. Not saying there aren't unique and real artists. I just feel like at some levels, a good amount of these artists are caged into a box and have to either find their way out of it, or trust with their teams, or maybe theyre just using music as a vehicle to get somewhere else.

either way, using music as the vehicle, that's ALSO another thing Mike did. All his music videos became like mini movies. Then he basically MADE a movie featuring his own music. Back then, that wasn't really happening. It's not like he was casted into a role that anyone could have done. Those ideas were shaped around HIM because he was unique and had enough mystery to him after a while.

Captain E.O. they made a whole ride for HIM displaying his ideas and music.