Michael Bay's 'Pain & Gain' (Mark Wahlberg + The Rock) NEW Red Band Trailer Up

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Looking at this makes me think in a way this was supposed to be bad boys 3. Except maybe will and martin wanted too much money. Or they just dont wanna fukk with Bay anymore.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Contain spoiler. Listen, maybe it just depends on your taste. But this is worst film I've seen so far this year. You got the elements of a typical Michael Bay film. It's in Miami so you know it's hot women, fast cars, etc. Some racial jokes about Black people. 2 hours long. R-rated version of the type of humor you see in Transformers. Has the slo mo action at parts. Has that Michael Bey look (camera wise) you see in Transformers, Bad Boy, etc.

Not really an "action" film. The real action/shoot outs is cops trying to get Marky Mark, etc. This is more a film about some con men who scheme to get money from rich folks. Them balling. Then their downfalls. And the dumb mistakes they make throughout. Takes place in the 90's so they got Zack/Save by the Bell phones. 90's rap such as Coolio.

As far as Fatal question about the Rock being gay. He wasn't but it was a couple of men who acted gay towards him. There is some gay jokes in here including * spoiler* one of the main dudes owning a sex factory. And it was full of dildos and fake rubber male butts. In one scene, a dude get slapped with a dildo (which is suppose to funny if you find that funny)

Rock basically plays a thief who get reformed in prison. Becomes a Christian. Wears Jesus t-shirts. But then still likes to knock people out. And is a criminal at heart. His character is very dumb which at times is funny. But most of time it just comes off as stupid to me.

Mackey, works in the gym with Marky Mark. *spoiler* Dude get roided up and become impotent. Until he meets this fat white chick (if you seen the MTV movie Awards you know who she is.)

Marky Mark, plays a con man who becomes a personal trainer. He's successful but not satified with that. So he devises a plan to get some money from a rich person. But everybody stupid in his crew so he makes some dumb mistakes.

Once, again, let me emphasis. This ain't a action movie. It's a satire making fun of these criminals. It's def. has some violence though. Only reason I would see someone seeing this is because they really love Michael Bey sense of humor. It has it moments but not for 2 hours. About 7 people walked out before the movie was over. Can't say why but maybe it's length. Or maybe just a plot that didn't make sense. So unrealistic. 20 cops shooting at cats and just missing. Just a dumb movie to me.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
i saw it at an early screening in south beach, and me and my boy both enjoyed more than we had expected to. the movie is more of a black/dark comedy that happens to be based on an insanely true story that truly should be watched if for any thing else to know how DUMB these meatheads were. i thought the rock did his best "acting" of his career bc he wasnt his typical macho/he-man brolic self, although he surely had his scenes where he was, he was very very comical as well. i would def recommend watching the film. dont expect nothing ground breaking or "movie of the year" quality, but definitely entertaining, funny and if you grew up in the 90s lik i did, u enjoy the soundtrack too. hearing gangsta's paradise sent me down memory lane :ohlawd:

Rock being coked out the entire movie was unexpected but made most of his scenes absolutely halarious, especially a scene where their at a neighborhood gathering. by far funniest scene of the movie

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
You guys do know everyone who this movie is based on is death row or doing life? These guys in real life dropped some bodies.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I actually wanna see this cuz marky mark's track records for comedy's the last couple outings have been really good with "the other guys" and "ted".

SHINE

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this movie on Thursday at an early screening in Sunset Place at South Miami :whoo:. We went with a group of 8 people :steviej:. Sat in the 5th row so really didnt notice anyone walk out. At the end of the movie the majority of the people clapped. Our group sat seperately since there was barely any seats available. My girl and i loved the movie :lawd:. We thoght it was really funny with some good parts of action:yeshrug:. The throwback 90's feel made it feel like nostalgia here in Miami :whew:. The rest of our group thought the movie was alright at best :snoop:. This movie reminded me of Bad Boys. Definitely will watch again :ehh:.

SHINE

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i saw it at an early screening in south beach, and me and my boy both enjoyed more than we had expected to. the movie is more of a black/dark comedy that happens to be based on an insanely true story that truly should be watched if for any thing else to know how DUMB these meatheads were. i thought the rock did his best "acting" of his career bc he wasnt his typical macho/he-man brolic self, although he surely had his scenes where he was, he was very very comical as well. i would def recommend watching the film. dont expect nothing ground breaking or "movie of the year" quality, but definitely entertaining, funny and if you grew up in the 90s lik i did, u enjoy the soundtrack too. hearing gangsta's paradise sent me down memory lane :ohlawd:

Rock being coked out the entire movie was unexpected but made most of his scenes absolutely halarious, especially a scene where their at a neighborhood gathering. by far funniest scene of the movie

Loved this flick..i posted my own comment about this movie. Dont know why some people are shyttimg on it.