Michael Bay: Sony ‘Had No Faith’ In ‘Bad Boys,’ Claimed ‘Two Black Actors Don’t Sell Overseas’

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Breh Teyler Perry does not distribute films. Think of his studio as a stage the productions are filmed on but another company has to distribute the material get it out to theaters, stores, streaming services ect. They wont let the black man have his own distribution they forcing Tyler Perry to have to go through Lions Gate to distribute all his films, plays, and movies. Distribution is where the real power and money is brehs. Cacs force us to distribute through them cuz without that they are cut out.

They did the same thing to the rap game in the 90s, thats why the internet and digital media is so powerful cause its the great equalizer.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Breh Teyler Perry does not distribute films. Think of his studio as a stage the productions are filmed on but another company has to distribute the material get it out to theaters, stores, streaming services ect. They wont let the black man have his own distribution they forcing Tyler Perry to have to go through Lions Gate to distribute all his films, plays, and movies. Distribution is where the real power and money is brehs. Cacs force us to distribute through them cuz without that they are cut out.
Damn. There's always another step :francis:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those are insignificant, the largest one I could find has revenues of only 25k/month

That is not correct. There are black manufacturing companies that make in the millions annually in the US. The company you listed is just a small start up company that is listed online and is pushed to the top in google searches.

Just off the top of my head there is Chemomays and Global Automotive Alliance both in Michigan. Which make around 30 million and 400 million in sales. Then you have Bridgewater Interiors also in Michigan that makes well over 1 billion in sales.

Then you have countless smaller black owned manufacturers that make a million dollars a year at least just having government contracts through government defense contracts.

I say all of this an engineer whose background is in manufacturing and who has worked with many suppliers throughout the country. Whether that was conducting audits on them or reviewing their processes and work.

Making 25K a month is nothing in manufacturing. Back in my early days working in DoD I dealt with a supplier (a brotha) that use to make well over 20K a month as as supplier providing cables to the government. Do you know what his set up was? Basically he had a wire cutting machine (a Schlesinger) in his garage with a spindle. With a Schlesiger and a spindle you can automate the process and have it continuously cut and strip cable while you are away and not looking.

So this brotha would cut thousands of wire....that was thousands of feet long everyday in his garage while he is in his house sitting in the living room relaxing. Bag it up and ship it to the government once a week. Easy 200K plus a year and this isn't rare its common in DoD. Also ran into a supplier in which a brotha had an old CNC machine in a storage outside his house he had like 300K a year contract with the government making small machine parts.

Edit- Cedar Concepts Corporation is another black owned manufacturer that makes in the millions a year.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Get These Nets breh I figured you would enjoy my post on the black manufacturers. Just want to make sure folks understand that their are black manufacturers out here.

Sadly the issue is Americans are dumbed down and really don't care how shyt is manufactured. So they don't look or are uninterested in finding what is manufactured and where it is manufactured at. Nor do they realize that DoD contractors outsource a lot of their work specifically manufacturing to smaller manufacturing companies (often times small mom and pop shops).

So making 30K a month in manufacturing ain't really that big of a deal.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
the lack of critical thinking and common sense on here is still so astonishing to me.

why do you guys do think? why can't you try to process information thoroughly before posting?

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
The Spike Lee film, The Inside Man starred these two men.

Inside_Man-949006147-large.jpg

A sequel following Denzel's character would have been great. Although, I like to think he retired after getting that diamond at the end (fukk spoilers, you should have seen this movie)

Spike Lee needs to get into the action/heist thing, he's a great director and has a good eye for that.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
These studios do not get it. They say stuff like "black actors don't sell overseas" and then these movies come out do hundreds of millions and these studios are left with their foot in their mouth. Looking stupid. Obviously there is and has beeen an audience for black male led action films, we don't get enough of them.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is not correct. There are black manufacturing companies that make in the millions annually in the US. The company you listed is just a small start up company that is listed online and is pushed to the top in google searches.

Just off the top of my head there is Chemomays and Global Automotive Alliance both in Michigan. Which make around 30 million and 400 million in sales. Then you have Bridgewater Interiors also in Michigan that makes well over 1 billion in sales.

Then you have countless smaller black owned manufacturers that make a million dollars a year at least just having government contracts through government defense contracts.

I say all of this an engineer whose background is in manufacturing and who has worked with many suppliers throughout the country. Whether that was conducting audits on them or reviewing their processes and work.

Making 25K a month is nothing in manufacturing. Back in my early days working in DoD I dealt with a supplier (a brotha) that use to make well over 20K a month as as supplier providing cables to the government. Do you know what his set up was? Basically he had a wire cutting machine (a Schlesinger) in his garage with a spindle. With a Schlesiger and a spindle you can automate the process and have it continuously cut and strip cable while you are away and not looking.

So this brotha would cut thousands of wire....that was thousands of feet long everyday in his garage while he is in his house sitting in the living room relaxing. Bag it up and ship it to the government once a week. Easy 200K plus a year and this isn't rare its common in DoD. Also ran into a supplier in which a brotha had an old CNC machine in a storage outside his house he had like 300K a year contract with the government making small machine parts.

Edit- Cedar Concepts Corporation is another black owned manufacturer that makes in the millions a year.

:wow:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@Get These Nets breh I figured you would enjoy my post on the black manufacturers. Just want to make sure folks understand that their are black manufacturers out here.

Sadly the issue is Americans are dumbed down and really don't care how shyt is manufactured. So they don't look or are uninterested in finding what is manufactured and where it is manufactured at. Nor do they realize that DoD contractors outsource a lot of their work specifically manufacturing to smaller manufacturing companies (often times small mom and pop shops).

So making 30K a month in manufacturing ain't really that big of a deal.
Always appreciate when people provide information that the rest of us aren't privy to. Thank you.

Lot of existing opportunities, and lanes to forge new ones, but too often we're just not aware of them. Respect to the men and women who fought from within fed and state govts to open up those chances to bid for contracts up to all companies. White guys ate for decades when others were shut out of the process.
New day now.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Your right Dwayne McDuffie call it the rule of three:mjpls:

This was always a great video.

I will say slowly but surely we're getting past the rule of three. There are shows now that have multiple black actors/actresses that are just seen as shows not "black shows"

Streaming has had to drag a lot of the old thinking into the future. Content is king and what people like to watch is whatever takes their fancy.

That's opened the door to black led shows and films to walk right through. Things can always be better, especially in certain genres but in my lifetime I've never seen this breadth of easily accessible content.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

read the first article bro, it’s actually saying they’re not racists! I was right!

These cac suits are all the same. Why the hell would a country that isn’t even anywhere near any black people hate em unless it’s cac driven? That’s exactly what the article says :wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
read the first article bro, it’s actually saying they’re not racists! I was right!

These cac suits are all the same. Why the hell would a country that isn’t even anywhere near any black people hate em unless it’s cac driven? That’s exactly what the article says :wow:
I see. So they're anticipating under performance in those markets and the studio themselves are adjusting the advertising.

Logical but I'm not completely sold because they do go out of their way to edit the film itself for their audience.

Another issue will be the type of movies that are being made in the first place because they're picking specific gatekeepers to express the black voice on film. With Hollywood's initiation practices only their boys will make it