Mexico Ain't Winning A Gold Cup with a B/C Squad: Official Gold Cup Mega Thread(Please Sticky)

Who will win the 2017 Gold Cup?

• Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panama

• El Salvador

• Honduras

• Curacao

• Martinque

• French Guiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
@QuintessentialBM how do they determine the semifinal match ups? trying to determine if getting tix to the game in dallas is worth it.

The bracket was set up basically at the start of the tournament. Generally, CONCACAF seeds the top 3 teams using the FIFA rankings(Mexico, USA and Costa Rica.... I'll be surprised if it's ever anyone else). Since Mexico is the best among the confederation, they got the easiest side of the bracket and play in the last group. Costa Rica, USA and Panama are on the same side, and since there was no other fukkery(besides Honduras making the knockout round because French Guiana was disqualified for playing Malouda).

Sorry for not responding promptly and for semi-abandoning the thread. Work has been whopping my ass.

I'll be at the Costa Rica vs USMNT semifinal tomorrow. Getting ready to leave for Dallas here in a few hours. Tickets, if still available, are on Ticketmaster.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
The bracket was set up basically at the start of the tournament. Generally, CONCACAF seeds the top 3 teams using the FIFA rankings(Mexico, USA and Costa Rica.... I'll be surprised if it's ever anyone else). Since Mexico is the best among the confederation, they got the easiest side of the bracket and play in the last group. Costa Rica, USA and Panama are on the same side, and since there was no other fukkery(besides Honduras making the knockout round because French Guiana was disqualified for playing Malouda).

Sorry for not responding promptly and for semi-abandoning the thread. Work has been whopping my ass.

I'll be at the Costa Rica vs USMNT semifinal tomorrow. Getting ready to leave for Dallas here in a few hours. Tickets, if still available, are on Ticketmaster.
Damn breh,u need to start postings pics when you go to all these games,tryna get a feel of the crowd :lawd:
There's been so many games in LA lately and I just been lazy to go any of em:snoop:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Damn breh,u need to start postings pics when you go to all these games,tryna get a feel of the crowd :lawd:
There's been so many games in LA lately and I just been lazy to go any of em:snoop:

I haven't gone to any other games, but this one that I'll be attending tomorrow night. I got you. I'll post some video too. Y'all about to be blessed!

Carson is an hour away... You can hit up the final. Mexico will probably be there.

-----------

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I don't know why Canada is so pathetic at soccer

Trudeau needs to start giving citizenship to some Brazilians

Actually, Canadian soccer has came a long way. The analysts on Fox were actually semi bragging on your program and that Canadian soccer is about to turn the corner from consistenly being mediocre to consistently respectable. I tend to agree because I've seen some Canadian Cup matches that were very intense to the point that I forget that this is Canada and not European football.

What happened in the Gold Cup match was unfortunate, but very fixable. On the first goal allowed possession was given away in your own third (cardinal rule #1 broken), your midfielders were either ball watching or just didn't track back to defend(which happens a lot at even the highest level... Cardinal rule#2 broken). The Canadian defender(a white one) who lost the header against the Jamaican striker(a black one) that unlocked your defense wasn't going to win it. In that situation, a professional foul needed to be given and the defender should have taken the card. The header fell to Mattocks who had too much space and speed(probably because they don't have defenders that can match it)and used his speed to evade the Canadian defense. When Mattocks spotted the trailing run, it was over after that. Dude had an open invitation to score and he took the chance.

The second goal could have been prevented but it was well taken. The finish was class. This goal happened because your 2 of your midfielders were too scared or made piss poor attempts at covering when they had the numbers advantage. A simple press and cover by one defender and one midfielder would have closed the space that allowed the space for that shot. 1 on 3 and Jamaica still scored. Unacceptable! The defender behind the midfielder covering Romario Williams was in the proper position.... covering to make sure if the mid he is behind gets beat on the dribble, he is there to win the ball. That other mid.... who stuck his leg out thinking he was doing something.... trash. He could have helped close down Romario and the defender wouldn't have to ever get involved.

Your national team didn't lie down like most teams of your pedigree would do when falling behind. Hoilett's goal was world class. Your team had decent possessions and created chances.... especially that last one that went wide right. Should have taken it. Larin probably should have scored too but he needed more time. He was subbed off too early.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Actually, Canadian soccer has came a long way. The analysts on Fox were actually semi bragging on your program and that Canadian soccer is about to turn the corner from consistenly being mediocre to consistently respectable. I tend to agree because I've seen some Canadian Cup matches that were very intense to the point that I forget that this is Canada and not European football.

What happened in the Gold Cup match was unfortunate, but very fixable. On the first goal allowed possession was given away in your own third (cardinal rule #1 broken), your midfielders were either ball watching or just didn't track back to defend(which happens a lot at even the highest level... Cardinal rule#2 broken). The Canadian defender(a white one) who lost the header against the Jamaican striker(a black one) that unlocked your defense wasn't going to win it. In that situation, a professional foul needed to be given and the defender should have taken the card. The header fell to Mattocks who had too much space and speed(probably because they don't have defenders that can match it)and used his speed to evade the Canadian defense. When Mattocks spotted the trailing run, it was over after that. Dude had an open invitation to score and he took the chance.

The second goal could have been prevented but it was well taken. The finish was class. This goal happened because your 2 of your midfielders were too scared or made piss poor attempts at covering when they had the numbers advantage. A simple press and cover by one defender and one midfielder would have closed the space that allowed the space for that shot. 1 on 3 and Jamaica still scored. Unacceptable! The defender behind the midfielder covering Romario Williams was in the proper position.... covering to make sure if the mid he is behind gets beat on the dribble, he is there to win the ball. That other mid.... who stuck his leg out thinking he was doing something.... trash. He could have helped close down Romario and the defender wouldn't have to ever get involved.

Your national team didn't lie down like most teams of your pedigree would do when falling behind. Hoilett's goal was world class. Your team had decent possessions and created chances.... especially that last one that went wide right. Should have taken it. Larin probably should have scored too but he needed more time. He was subbed off too early.

weve been hearing that for years man
hell canada even won the gold cup in 2000
we wasted the years of atiba and de guzman

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Damn smh It seems like the Gold Cup is the only tournament the US and Mexico can dominate. Outside of the continent,they're both trash :snoop: