Metro Redux (Linux, Windows, PS4, Xbox One)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it unlocked at midnight est :blessed:

metro_2014_08_25_23_45iqfj.png

back into the metro :ahh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like a dumbass I bought this version for $24 on Steam since I already had the previous releases.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How is it so far bro?..
I played a little 2033 last night, after my preload unlocked. but then this morning they released a 1.2 gb day-one patch, and I lost my save :stopitslime: oh well, I didn't get too far anyway. playing through again, I just noticed the patch added some more effects

before patch:

metro_2014_08_25_23_5mtsbu.png

after patch:

metro_2014_08_26_14_11wsqn.png

shyt's running great on my rig with everything turned up (no ssaa tho) and physx on. it seems to be a trade-off with whether or not it looks 'better' than the OG. some of the character models do look more 'cartoony'. but some parts look arguably better. plus so far it seems they actually did redo and add a lot, as opposed to just porting it over. it seems they added a lot of detail in the hubs, 'secrets', conversations, etc, like in Last Light. all in all the game looks great, and it is running better than the OG

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I played a little 2033 last night, after my preload unlocked. but then this morning they released a 1.2 gb day-one patch, and I lost my save :stopitslime: oh well, I didn't get too far anyway. playing through again, I just noticed the patch added some more effects

before patch:

metro_2014_08_25_23_5mtsbu.png

after patch:

metro_2014_08_26_14_11wsqn.png

shyt's running great on my rig with everything turned up (no ssaa tho) and physx on. it seems to be a trade-off with whether or not it looks 'better' than the OG. some of the character models do look more 'cartoony'. but some parts look arguably better. plus so far it seems they actually did redo and add a lot, as opposed to just porting it over. it seems they added a lot of detail in the hubs, 'secrets', conversations, etc, like in Last Light. all in all the game looks great, and it is running better than the OG
So do u think it's worth a pick up?..I was contemplating it but I didn't like some of the new character models and they took some of the "darkness" out of the game..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So do u think it's worth a pick up?..I was contemplating it but I didn't like some of the new character models and they took some of the "darkness" out of the game..
I haven't noticed it being any less dark, but I haven't gotten too far

I played OG Metro 2033 on three different graphics cards (gtx 260, 660, and 780), and was never happy with the performance. I was also never happy with the lack of vsync or the unresponsive gunplay. the Redux seems to have fixed all those issues, so it's definitely been 'worth' it for me. I also paid $12.50 for it, but I think $25 is a fair price. obviously it will be cheaper if you wait

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I haven't noticed it being any less dark, but I haven't gotten too far

I played OG Metro 2033 on three different graphics cards (gtx 260, 660, and 780), and was never happy with the performance. I was also never happy with the lack of vsync or the unresponsive gunplay. the Redux seems to have fixed all those issues, so it's definitely been 'worth' it for me. I also paid $12.50 for it, but I think $25 is a fair price. obviously it will be cheaper if you wait
Well..as far as VSync goes..u have to put vsync on in the nvidia control panel..go to the metro 2033 profile and put on vsync..once u do that..v sync is on..and as far as the other issues..I feel u..I think imma cop it..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Well..as far as VSync goes..u have to put vsync on in the nvidia control panel..go to the metro 2033 profile and put on vsync..once u do that..v sync is on..and as far as the other issues..I feel u..I think imma cop it..
yeah, I figured that out eventually. it was just something that annoyed me about that game