Metro Redux (Linux, Windows, PS4, Xbox One)

Daps
http://enterthemetro.com/us/

The release date is August 26, 2014

4A Games and Deep Silver are bringing the iconic Metro series to the next generation. METRO REDUX features fully re-mastered and improved versions of both METRO 2033 and METRO: LAST LIGHT, creating the most compelling Metro experience ever.

With re-worked next-gen visuals, smooth 60FPS gameplay on console, as well as new and improved content and features, METRO REDUX is much more than a simple HD upgrade.

For the REDUX edition, Metro 2033 has been completely overhauled:

• The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux
  • Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects
  • Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customization, and silent kills and takedowns
Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a graphical facelift and gameplay improvements that carry across both titles, including new melee animations, and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. It also includes all previously released Season Pass add-on content – a further 10 hours of single-player gameplay.

With METRO REDUX, players now have the choice to experience both Metro games the way they want with the introduction of two unique ‘Play Styles.’

Those who favoured the more survival horror oriented gameplay of Metro 2033 can play both campaigns in the ‘Survival’ Play Style, a fraught slow-burn fight for survival with limited resources, deadlier enemy AI, and slower reload speeds. Those who enjoyed the more action oriented gameplay of Metro: Last Light can try the ‘Spartan’ Play Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills and more plentiful resources.

In addition, the legendary Ranger Mode returns to both games, providing the most immersive and challenging experience as the HUD is stripped away and hardcore rules apply.

Upon release, Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will each be available separately as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC a suggested $24.99 / €19.99 / £15.99.

Alongside the digital release, a boxed compilation containing both games, titled METRO REDUX will be available at retail for a suggested $49.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.

Metro 2033 Redux, Metro: Last Light Redux and the compilation Metro Redux are scheduled for release this Summer for Xbox One, PlayStation, and Windows PC.

Dedicated Linux and SteamOS versions will also release later this year.

Metro Redux is based on the internationally bestselling novel METRO 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The atmosphere in the original metro 2033 is damn near completely lost with the redux..I mean technically it looks better but the character models and atmosphere is worse on the Redux..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The atmosphere in the original metro 2033 is damn near completely lost with the redux..I mean technically it looks better but the character models and atmosphere is worse on the Redux..
you played it?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
you played it?
Nah I watched a few different gameplay vids..theres better comparison vids than the ones posted in this thread..they changed a lot but they also took away a lot of what made the first one so atmospheric..they also scaled ALOT back on the particle effects as well..which looked amazing in the original..I don't like a lot of the new character models and they made the game in general too vibrant and bright..Last Light Redux is basically the Game Of The Year version of the original Last Light..barely any change..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nah I watched a few different gameplay vids..theres better comparison vids than the ones posted in this thread..they changed a lot but they also took away a lot of what made the first one so atmospheric..they also scaled ALOT back on the particle effects as well..which looked amazing in the original..I don't like a lot of the new character models and they made the game in general too vibrant and bright..Last Light Redux is basically the Game Of The Year version of the original Last Light..barely any change..
OG 2033 generally performed like crap though. Last Light had much better performance, while still looking very good. I guess I'll see soon enough how the 2033 redux is...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
OG 2033 generally performed like crap though. Last Light had much better performance, while still looking very good. I guess I'll see soon enough how the 2033 redux is...
Oh I feel u..Metro 2033 didn't perform great..Last Light was an improvement but it wasn't the best performance wise either..I'm just sayin that as far as looks..and overall ambiance..they took some of it away with this new Redux..I wanna play it myself as well to see how I like it tho..

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Gonna read the book first and probably pick this up on Black Friday or the first big sale.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
pre-loaded 2033. hopefully it unlocks at midnight

edit: gotta wait until 2am cst :shaq2:

BvpPnx2CcAAtHmm.jpg

Last edited:

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
The thing I hate most bout these games is the english with russian accent :snoop: I know you can change language but fukk reading subtitles :ld: