Method Man's Outtro On 'Ice Cream' Appreciation Thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^That's absolutely not true. RZA has said Meth was the Wu's go to hook writer. That was all him, as was CREAM and others

15: Ice Cream
RZA: I gotta take total credit for the idea. I got this basement downstairs in my first nice apartment I had, in Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island. There's a line running from the basement to the production room on the second floor. I just zoned the fukk out one night and did the beat. Meth came over. I told him I got a crazy idea on this one. I wanna use girls' breasts as imaginary ice cream cones. I came up with the idea to make T-shirts to go with it. "Meth you gonna do the hook." It was the first song besides "You're All I Need to Get By" that we pressured him into. He didn't like being the pretty boy. He took those words I said "French vanilla", "butter pecan" - and put them in perfect order. It was really Wu-Tang's first reach out to women. Women wasn't even allowed into the studio. A woman wouldn't be allowed in the studio until '97. It's a distraction. It reminds me of the ingenuity of the mind I had ticking and making these songs and we thinking we can make t-shirts. We must've sold 20,000 t-shirts at the Wu-Wear store alone.
CAPPADONNA: Well, the first joint I did, the one that put me on the map was "Ice Cream" And we did that one like, that was the beginning, nobody ain't really had nothing. We had a lil' studio up on Clove Lake. RZA had an apartment over there, with the studio in the basement. That's the studio that got flooded out. They had a flood in there. But before the flood, I was out as a security guard up there at the time, and I had went in there and I heard "Ice Cream"; I had heard Rae's verse; I heard Ghost's verse on there. And I had made a joke about me getting on the track, and RZA took it seriously and was like "Yo, go ahead. Lace that."

XXL Article On The Making Of "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx".

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
He didn't technically hand Meth a completed hook, but it was his ideas and words that Meth played around with to complete the process.

Lol dude said rza gave him the idea but he didnt just straight up write it for him .. lol.. give it up, u were wrong

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol dude said rza gave him the idea but he didnt just straight up write it for him .. lol.. give it up, u were wrong

Didn't read the second part of his initial sentence. I can agree with that. I think RZA deserves as much credit as Meth for putting that hook together.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
method man did not make up cream

maybe cream get the money, dollar dollar bill yall, but the word comes from the crew

I was clearly talking about the hook to the song. You nikkas are gonna learn to stop trying to correct me :beli:

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
what happened to street bangers for the bytches like this? imagine this shyt dropping today. minus Cappa's wack ass verse of course, I skip that wack ass shyt every time. Someone make an edit without him on the song matter of fact.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Wu-Tang Clan

“‘C.R.E.A.M.’ was the one that really put us on the map if you wanna be technical. I wasn’t there when they recorded ‘C.R.E.A.M.’ I came in after the fact. RZA was like, ‘Put a hook on this song’ and I put a hook on it. That’s how it always went. I liked doing hooks.

“The hook for that was done by my man Raider Ruckus."