Method Man Opens Up About His Bouts of Depression: 'It Never Really Goes Away'

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
method-man-depression.jpg

"Method Man got real about mental health in a new conversation with Fat Joe.

Method sat down with the South Bronx native for his new Starz series Fat Joe Talks, and during the conversation, he revealed that he goes through depression from time to time. The two were chatting about the gut feeling one gets about keeping in contact with people when the topic turned personal.

“The point I'm trying to make is every now and then when you get a thought like, ‘Damn, I wonder what this person's doing,’ act on it,” said Method Man. “Call them, see how they doing or find some way to get in contact with them. It never hurts. You have no idea how much that could mean to them."

The Wu-Tang member continued on, referring to depression as “certain shyt” that he deals with. “It never really goes away,” he said. “You have, like I said, I have bouts with it and things.”

Method revealed that he received a heartfelt text message from a friend that made him feel better, echoing his point about reaching out to people in case they need it. "And Dave saw that, and he just sent me a text message, a beautiful text message… and it spoke to me, big time," he said. "And all I could put was, ‘All of this,’ with a heart emoji. I don’t even get heart emojis son but yeah.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Method Man said he's working on a memoir about his life. When asked about what the title would be, the 53-year-old actor gave a potential one based on how emotional the content will be. “It might be, ‘Bring The Pain,’ because there’s a lot of that,” he said.

Last month, Method explained that he doesn’t love the idea of being considered a “sex symbol.”

Speaking to Tamron Hall, he broke down a previous quote in which he denied that he was one.

“Imma show it off while I still got it, but here’s the thing, right? I love the admiration. I love it. Does it get awkward at times? Absolutely! Sometimes you just want to blend in with everybody else and I’m that type of person,” he admitted."

Method Man Opens Up About His Bouts of Depression: 'It Never Really Goes Away'[/QUOTE]

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Lost a close friend two nights ago. Was a former Division 1 athlete who co-founded a successful investment firm after college.
Many people were shocked but the close friends were not. Depression led to alcoholism which ultimately led to death.
Salute to Meth. These conversations need to be had and all stigma around depression has to be removed.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Meth a real one….Part of it gotta be the constant battle for a man of his substance and depth to partake in the entertainment industry that is heavily rooted in bs..He referenced it with the clash of being seen as a sex symbol…

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I find it funny u are saying this. Yet u throw shots at me for having a therapist to help deal wit the same shyt any chance u get.
Same dude was shytting on Lil Mosey for false rape allegations and then got mad at me for posting updates in his thread following his acquittal.

Dude is a literal fakkit.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
“Imma show it off while I still got it, but here’s the thing, right? I love the admiration. I love it. Does it get awkward at times? Absolutely! Sometimes you just want to blend in with everybody else and I’m that type of person,” he admitted."

Probably why he also said he was more comfortable as a group member vs a solo artist, and it shows. Some guys just don't want to stick out all the time.