Metal Gear Solid Movie and news

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Metal Gear is like 90% anime sillyness with 10% Tom Clancy military espionage. Might as well make it Jack Ryan movie if you skip the sillyness.

Anime influences isn't the same as silliness though. You need stuff like Cyborg Ninja, FoxDie, Otacon, Vulcan Raven and Psycho Mantis. What you don't need is stuff like guards being distracted by posters of bikini models.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I hope it is a standalone story and not an adaptation of the first game. There is way too much content in that to adapt it into a 2-3 hour film.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Young man, you need to realize that movies do not need to adhere to tropes in gaming writing. It's a recipe for disaster.

Quiet was raped in mgs5. Rape need not be combined with slap stick humor. Go Jason Bourne serious or save the IP for a better director.

The silliest this movie need get is crawling around in cardboard and having a playing off of a soldiers real reaction to a pinup girl cardboard box, while still being outsmarted.

I'd trust this movie in Vin Diesals hands before this guy
A cardboard box scene with a goon saying "its just a box" is mandatory...

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Anime influences isn't the same as silliness though. You need stuff like Cyborg Ninja, FoxDie, Otacon, Vulcan Raven and Psycho Mantis. What you don't need is stuff like guards being distracted by posters of bikini models.

While I agree with the underlined part everything about the backstory of every Metal Gear character and what they do is really silly. Of course you can make a in name only version of Metal Gear but I have no interest in that personally. Metal Gear movie with the sillyness is like a Sonny without Cher.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
‘Metal Gear Solid’ Movie Lands ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Co-Writer Derek Connolly
Sony’s Metal Gear Solid is adding a fresh yet familiar talent to its writing team. Back in 2012, Derek Connolly wrote Safety Not Guaranteed, a good indie flick that went unseen by most moviegoers. Luckily, one of the folks who did see the Sundance hit was a fella by the name of Steven Spielberg. That changed everything. In 2015, Connolly was part of the writing team for Jurassic World, a bad, big-budget film that was seen by millions. That success was followed up by the bizarre one-two punch of Monster Trucks and Kong: Skull Island, the latter being a collaboration between Connolly and director Jordan Vogt-Roberts. Connolly and Vogt-Roberts will now reunite for Sony’s big-screen adaptation of Konami’s classic video game franchise.

Variety reports that Connolly has come aboard Metal Gear Solid to take a crack at the latest draft of the script. And that’s pretty much all the detail that’s available at the moment. But as Connolly finds himself increasingly busy writing high-profile projects, the lesson here is clear: Just get yourself noticed by Spielberg and everything else will sort itself out. Connolly also has scripts for such tiny films as Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Star Wars: Episode IX to his credit.

Image via Universal

Here’s what else we know about Metal Gear Solid: Vogt-Roberts spoke about his vision for the adaptation earlier this year, saying:
Metal Gear Solid is probably the most important franchise to me on the planet. It is such a genius, idiosyncratic work and being able to spend time with [Hideo] Kojima recently has been like a dream … That is a property that I will fight tooth and nail to make sure is done properly because it’s so easy to screw it up and so easy for a studio to try and make it into G.I. Joe or try and make it into Mission: Impossible or try and make it into something that it’s not. Metal Gear Solid needs to be exactly what it needs to be, which is Metal Gear Solid.

“I want to make the version of the movie that is most true to what it needs to be, so if that is a Deadpool or Logan route where you go with a smaller budget and you’re able to make it R, great. If you need to blow it out more and really get that bigger budget and go PG-13, I think it could exist in both avenues … Those characters sort of are these walking philosophies, so I think nailing that part is far more important necessarily than thinking about the rating at this point, because right now we’re just trying to get the best version of it.”
More recently, Vogt-Roberts talked about working on other non-feature film projects as a bit of a mental break following Kong: Skull Island and before diving into Metal Gear Solid. But make no mistake, once he officially starts production on the highly anticipated film, he’ll be going all out. The addition of Connolly as a collaborator adds some familiarity to the project and will hopefully ease any creative rough spots along the way. Keep an eye out for more on this project as it develops over the upcoming months.

StraxStrax

Daps
Why not get David Hayter to at least co-write it? Dude lived and breathed Metal Gear for over a decade and has written 3 big budget movies that reviewed mostly well.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Why not get David Hayter to at least co-write it? Dude lived and breathed Metal Gear for over a decade and has written 3 big budget movies that reviewed mostly well.
Because David Hayter can't write and is a pretty shyt voice actor. That campy shyt works for video games. Not so much for anything else.

metal-gear-solid-movie-poster-chris-evans-snake.jpg.optimal.jpg

Let's get it. Directed by the gay ass warchowski brothers in collaboration with Hideo Kojimas metal gear solid 4 action director

Or the guy who did these scenes

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Because David Hayter can't write and is a pretty shyt voice actor. That campy shyt works for video games. Not so much for anything else.

metal-gear-solid-movie-poster-chris-evans-snake.jpg.optimal.jpg

Let's get it. Directed by the gay ass warchowski brothers in collaboration with Hideo Kojimas metal gear solid 4 action director

Or the guy who did these scenes

Gay ass warchowski brothers in collaboration with Hideo Kojimas metal gear solid 4 action director.

That combination will kill it breh:troll:

Martha

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Gay ass warchowski brothers in collaboration with Hideo Kojimas metal gear solid 4 action director.

That combination will kill it breh:troll:

Martha
Americans are not killing it with action or direction these days for those type of movies.....

Layup franchises have their potential squandered by moist directors who don't take the brands seriously

Last edited:

StraxStrax

Daps

He's a better writer then Kojima and Connolly so :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
He's a better writer then Kojima and Connolly so :yeshrug:
I'm more concerned about the action more than anything else.

Need an Asian or that guy who did kingsmen for the choreography

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
or they could get the guy who did john wick to make the cqc sequences look legit