Meta Raises Prices for Quest 2 to 399.99 and 499.99

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
damn so should I rush and buy one now at normal price…or is that what they’re trying to trick me into doing? :jbhmm:

*edit*

these nikkas are really tryna drum up a buying frenzy and my dumb ass is about to fall for it too

:heh:

They’ve been losing a ton of money on these things, probably trying to recoup cost

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They’ve been losing a ton of money on these things, probably trying to recoup cost
Most likely the only thing that happens now is that after the price goes up, it doesn't change things for them. Fewer folks buy it, and then it gets discounted something ridiculous in the fall around black Friday and Christmas. I'll wait and pick one up for 200 bucks. Which is going to make a lot of folks cop it because it's going to look like they are being sold for 50% off when in actuality it's only really like 30. Maybe that's the plan.

:yeshrug:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
think I’m gonna cancel the order…impulse buy…I’m thinking about the games I’ve owned/played and VR just isn’t there for me yet despite the improvements over the years…truth be told I’m not even excited about the PSVR2
What are even considered as the top 3 titles on Meta right now?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope meta does well, as you need them to continue to support VR to make the market viable. I don’t think it’s decision will resonate with the casual VR audience, which is more parallel to the switch market.

VR needs a 100m adoption rate to be sustainable and i know sony literally can’t do it alone, and high end pc vr has an incredible high pay wall

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
think I’m gonna cancel the order…impulse buy…I’m thinking about the games I’ve owned/played and VR just isn’t there for me yet despite the improvements over the years…truth be told I’m not even excited about the PSVR2

VR Golf is dope