Meta Quest 3 |OT| The quest for greatness

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Meta Quest 3 Coming This Fall + Lower Prices for Quest 2​

Takeaways​

• Meta Quest 3, our next-generation virtual and mixed reality headset, will ship this fall.
  • Meta Quest 3 features higher resolution, stronger performance, breakthrough Meta Reality technology, and a slimmer, more comfortable headset.
  • Starting June 4, we’re lowering the price of Quest 2 to $299.99 USD for the 128GB SKU to help even more people access the magic of VR.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
They raised the price of the Quest 2...

Only to lower the price of the Quest 2 back to its original price

And acting like doing it is consumer friendly... :snoop:

confused-steve.gif

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They raised the price of the Quest 2...

Only to lower the price of the Quest 2 back to its original price

And acting like doing it is consumer friendly... :snoop:

confused-steve.gif
They raised it due to inflation and increased storage space
It wasnt consumer friendly per se, but of course they will decrease the price of the older model when the upgraded one drops

I'm just not sure what your beef it, prices increase and decrease on hardware often

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tech is no where near as good as PSVR2 (ex. It doesn’tt have eye tracking, which is like the most impressive thing about vr right now) but it is wireless

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Breh, it's the successor to the best selling vr device of all time. It's going to sell out and I wouldn't be surprised if they ship a million in the first month of release.
I got a Quest 2 from work for free and it’s just not interesting to me. Graphics very smart phone-like.

Just not feeling it.
:yeshrug:

Interesting timing with this info from Facebook. Likely shook about Apple’s VR device being introduced next Monday.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting timing with this info from Facebook. Likely shook about Apple’s VR device being introduced next Monday.
That is possible, but Quest 3 has been in the pipeline for a minute, with a fall release date, so I dont think that much changed with Apple's competing device

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
They raised it due to inflation and increased storage space
It wasnt consumer friendly per se, but of course they will decrease the price of the older model when the upgraded one drops

I'm just not sure what your beef it, prices increase and decrease on hardware often
Meta Quest 2 had been out for 2 years when they increased the price... :gucci:

Increased storage space?...they increased the storage space in 2021 at the same $299 price point

$100 price increases on aging hardware is common where? :beli:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$100 price increases on aging hardware is common where? :beli:

i mean, inflation causes crazy prices all over, have you looked at the used car market?

neither of us are priivy to supply chain, but i do remember reading the quest 2 was originally being sold at a loss, which i assume is the reason for the increase, plus the external/ economic factors

not saying i agree with the price increase but i paid $299 for a 64gb unit in 2020, now its 128gb for the same price; plus a significantly upgraded model to be had for $499 ( which i think is a reasonable price for the quest 3).