Meta dropping Twitter competitor on Thursday

bnew

Veteran
Daps
"Your stole our trade secrets! "
Did Elon forget he open sourced the code a few months ago :mjlol:

they should go to court and just pull up twitter engineering blog posts and their github repos.

Daps
It has the option to switch accounts. I've only seen it on the logout screen but it logs me out all the time since I log into my ig account from multiple devices.
I think you have to deactivate to switch. I can’t deactivate my business account, and I can’t follow certain accounts on my business accounts because it will make me look like a deviant. Plus I have people blocked on my business IG, and I view their stories on the anonymous viewer site, but I want to read their threads.

Edit: NEVERMIND, I figured it out.

:lolbron:

Daps
I never click a Twitter link video on here. Ever since Muskrat made that change a couple weeks ago. It forces me to go to twitter to watch the video. It deserves to die for that reason along with musk being a lame ass and thinking his kid would grow up normal with that awful name.

He literally walked into the richest person in the world role, lmao. They be telling his story on the inspirational tip, but it's anything but.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Welcome to the Internet, jackass.

I know this is the part where I’m supposed to say something foul back and we do the back and forth thing but fukk all that.

I don’t know you and I don’t need to.

Nor do I know what had you up and hostile at 2am but I legitimately hope it gets better. Real talk.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I never click a Twitter link video on here. Ever since Muskrat made that change a couple weeks ago. It forces me to go to twitter to watch the video. It deserves to die for that reason along with musk being a lame ass and thinking his kid would grow up normal with that awful name.

He literally walked into the richest person in the world role, lmao. They be telling his story on the inspirational tip, but it's anything but.

the only way a new tab opens is when tweet embeds that quote another tweet containing a video is posted. if the tweet embed is just a video by itself it should play directly from thecoli.

FYI: you have to click on the video and not the surrounding whitespace or text.

the second video in the tweet will open up a new tab because it's from a quoted tweet.​

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Threads already has over 95 million posts​

The Instagram-based app launched on Wednesday night and had activated more than 30 million profiles by Thursday morning.​

By Alex Heath, a deputy editor and author of the Command Line newsletter. He’s covered the tech industry for over a decade at The Information and other outlets.
Jul 6, 2023, 2:53 PM EDT

Simulated screenshots of the Threads compose window and photo picker on an iPhone

Threads compose window and photo picker on iOS. Image: Meta

Instagram’s new Threads app seems like it could be a hit. Mark Zuckerberg said that the app has more than 30 million sign-ups as of Thursday morning, and people who are checking it out are posting... er, threading... a lot, too. According to internal data I’ve seen, there have already been more than 95 million posts and 190 million likes shared.

All that has happened in less than 24 hours. The app launched Wednesday evening on iOS and Android (significantly earlier than the original Thursday launch time), and a lot of people are checking it out; it’s currently the top free app on the App Store.

There’s still a lot missing from Threads. You can’t delete your Threads account without deleting your Instagram account, for example, and the app doesn’t have features like DMs, a reverse-chronological following feed, or a planned integration with the decentralized ActivityPub protocol. But these launch numbers point to a promising start for Meta’s new Twitter competitor.

Now, we’ll have to wait and see if people stick around.