Meta dropping Twitter competitor on Thursday

bnew

Veteran
Daps
instagram and facebook are as annoyingly bad as twitter in their own way

so good luck with that.

they'll make you login and view it in their app to see replies to shyt. i guarantee you.

if you tie to an IG/facebook account it's over. IG claimed my acocount was fake because all i did was lurk and wanted me to send photo identification to validate my account. they also have their own scrolling limits that twitter is implementing.

there's no way this will be a good alternative.
there were extension that did that removed the login popup, theres nothing really you could do about Instagram except get an account and login, thats why I largely stopped clicking on Instagram links especially the fake embeds that opens a new instagram tab.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
that's not gonna work.

doesn't even work on desktop lol

good luck getting people to download an app and then be waitlisted/require an invite.

this aint peak pandemic, that clubhouse shyt isn't going to pop off with those restrictions.

no real competitor to twitter will succeed by being closed off to the public even though twitter is now. a web interface and api for devs is standard at this point.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Naw Spill is better

F0EAnUmaAAAbhk-

F0EAnUmacAAQFsT

F0EAnUmaAAEVbYF

F0EAnUnacAEJk_C

:russ:

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe not scrolling, but clicking onto too many different profiles too fast, i have had it treat me like a bot and limit me.

it didn't limit me for 24 hours like the dumb shyt elon is doing, but it's annoying and makes it suck. facebook is annoying as hell. i don't think it will be a viable alternative if they do run things the same way tehy run facebook and instagram.

good luck to them tho.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Spill has a lot of potential, they need devs and money to get the android and web version up

You can find invite codes on twitter

if they have the money, they should acquire gfycat and implement a meme editor. they already using A.I for moderation so they might as well offer generative A.I art for a premium, users will would pay to aid their creativity when participating in conversations.