Meta dropping Twitter competitor on Thursday

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
fukk that shyt. Stop participating in that shyt. You already know where theyre going with it. Yall need to stop giving these clowns life by not signing up to their platforms. In fact, how we got so many programmers and tech folks in here but none of them creating anything for us on the coli to turn this shyt into a bigger platform. Smh. Yall rather go over to someone elses shyt instead of building your own spaces.

These applications cost a ton of money to host on the cloud lol

Even Elon is even having "trouble" paying his 1 billion dollar bill to Google (personally I think he's being cheap and is in over his head). The reason these other apps are doing invite only is because they can't afford the amount of data storage needed to host 5 million users dropping God knows how much data onto their servers. Facebook on the other hand can. shyt, they may have their own global cloud network.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Yep the brands are moving. I see pretty much every gaming company has setup shop on Threads.

Best believe they'll be pushing OT heavy at meta to get the features people are asking for up by the weekend
Yep the brands are moving. I see pretty much every gaming company has setup shop on Threads.

Best believe they'll be pushing OT heavy at meta to get the features people are asking for up by the weekend

The advertisers moving over was the part I was waiting on.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
No chronological timeline or timeline of people you only want to follow is going to kill this app if they don't implement it.

The initial wave is always fun and has the shiny new toy effect, but if Zuck is just using this as a way to push product and ads...good luck lol.

Elon is fukking up Twitter hard...HARD...but no app is killing Twitter until there's a genuine replacement everyone flocks to for breaking news and live sports/event coverage. All the celebs and "influencers" on Threads is cute but we'll see if it's sustainable. The best thing it has going for it is the built-in clientele it has from Instagram.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Lotta heavy hitters migrating over. Could be over for Elon.

That doesn't mean too much though if these brands still use Twitter...which they will.

You think NFL teams are going to prioritize highlights and live posts on Threads rather than Twitter? Haha.

Another thing is it's not sustainable for all the brands to have their social media managers manage all these platforms. Something will have to give as brands aint gonna be trying to pay their social media team more everytime a new app comes out.

Like I said, Threads has a shot because Elon is a dikkhead and the built-in clientele. But yall talking about influencers and brands migrating over isn't as big a deal as yall making it...do yall remember IGTV? Lol. All the brands and influencers migrated over at the launch of that app too.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Over 20 years later and folks still not understanding what this social media shyt is about? :snoop: sorry but yall not sick of this social media/networking shyt yet? They busy collecting and data mining everybody info, tracking folks with the shyt, THEY TOLD YALL TOO, and look at folks still signing up to this bullshyt. Even worse, its suckerberg shyt. Yall need to get some wisdom in your lives

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Be careful who you follow. That algorithm picks up quick.

I’m muting everything lol