Mental Health poll

Are you or a family member dealing with significant mental health issues?

• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
That's it, that's the poll and conversation starter. Have been doing this for years with my youngest and I'm tired boss :damn: but not giving up :francis:

Have been doing this long enough to know many are in the same sad boat trip.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
I'm dealing with major mental health issues....
I'm sorry to hear that and know you are not alone even though it probably feels like complete isolation at times

My child (16f) recently had her medication changed and informed me just hours ago she wasn't taking them because she would gain weight :snoop:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I've been dealing with some stuff for these last couple months and just recently am starting to emerge from the dark space I was in. Lots of stressors, unresolved trauma, and changes in my household put me down a bad path. It was especially bad near the end of last year. Took a lot of self reflection, reading, and accountability on my end, but I'm coming back as a much better person than I was before. Learning how to regulate my excitement has made it much easier to become an observer of my emotions rather than an unwilling participant in them and enabled me to stay much more in the present rather than ruminating on the past or worrying about the future. Feels good, mayne.

Last edited:

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
@Stir Fry that's awesome, by what u wrote, u were/are much further along in your journey than many and that is great to hear. Seriously.

That proverb u shared is powerful stuff, thanks!

Unresolved trauma is a significant factor in mental health for so many and I include myself but have been able to come to some peace in my personal life it's not something holding me back now but in my 20's and teens it was awful

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
@Stir Fry that's awesome, by what u wrote, u were/are much further along in your journey than many and that is great to hear. Seriously.

That proverb u shared is powerful stuff, thanks!

Thanks, I just added a little more to it. Maybe it will help you with anything you may be going through. My daughter is going through a lot of health issues as well. Learning about neuroplasty, mindfulness, and eastern philosophies has been giving me a great toolset to work with. I also created a very peaceful space for my family and myself in our backyard (I highly recommend getting a hammock, some birdfeeders, and some windchimes if your space permits lol) which has been a boon to the overall mood in our home. We're spending a couple hours a day just vegging out back there rather than inside the house now.

Last edited:

BaKardi Slang

Caribbean-Canadian 🇦🇬
Daps
Reppin
Canada 🇨🇦
Been dealing with mental health issues (diagnoses and everything) since my childhood. I was already demonstrating symptoms of depression around 8-9 years old so it's very normalized. At this point, it's just a part of my identity.

Music, the gym and reading keep me from going off the deep end most of the time.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Been dealing with mental health issues (diagnoses and everything) since my childhood. I was already demonstrating symptoms of depression around 8-9 years old so it's very normalized. At this point, it's just a part of my identity.

Music, the gym and reading keep me from going off the deep end most of the time.
What u described is similar to my child, issues started at 6th grade, now nearly a jr.

Question for u about medication, was that part of therapy for u?

*I say started at 6th grade but that is only when we took note, I know now it was earlier