Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
:mindblown: :wtf: :dahell:

I guess @Gator Reloaded aint the only dude on this bullshyt :beli: :snoop:

More men are poking holes in condoms and swiping women's birth control in a sneaky effort to get them pregnant, a shocking study reveals.

It's a scary sex trend doctors are calling "reproductive coercion," and new research suggests it's not just young women in abusive relationships who are at risk, as researchers previously thought.

"Having a woman say, 'My partner's not hurting me or hitting me' doesn't mean he's not trying to get her pregnant against her will," Rebecca Levenson of Futures Without Violence, which helps educate doctors about the unique form of abuse, told the Daily News.

"We've had people say, 'He pulled my IUD out, or he took my money so I can't buy birth control,' everything you can imagine," she said, citing patients whose partners have lied about using condoms or popped out all the active pills in a birth control pack. "It's a real part of people's stories."

"Reproductive coercion doesn't just affect poor an uneducated women," Clark, a resident at Brown University's Women and Infants Hospital in Providence, R.I., wrote in the report.

She surveyed 641 women between the ages of 18 and 41 and determined that 16% had experienced partners tampering with their birth control. Among those women, about a third also suffered violence at the hands of their partner.

In January, the ACOG issued a warning to doctors to keep an eye out for patients who might be victims of the sick phenomenon.

But why are men doing this?

"To use the words of one woman I interviewed, so he can keep you in his life forever,"
Levenson said.

A 2010 study she completed with Dr. Elizabeth Miller of the U.C. Davis School of Medicine and others focused on the link between domestic violence and unintended pregnancy. With new research proving the issue is even more prevalent, Levinson is focused on training doctors to recognize victims of reproductive coercion.

"This changes the game because it requires birth control providers not only screen for physical and sexual violence, but specifically for reproductive coercion," Levenson said.

She wants birth control providers to ask patients one specific question: "Are you worried about your partner trying to get you pregnant when you don't want to be?"

She points out the case of a 17-year-old girl whose boyfriend said the condom broke six times. When she starting taking another form of birth control, he badgered her to have a baby - both red flags, Levenson said.

"We train providers to recommend women take medication out of its packaging, put it in an envelope or a pill bottle," she said. "It's a harm-reduction strategy."

Doctors also recommend forms of birth control that are less obvious, "like an IUD, but actually cut the strings off in the cervical canal," Levenson said.

"Because people have actually had their IUDs pulled out. If this is what is happening, birth control intervention looks a lot different. Providers are really the only ones who can fix this."

If you think you've been a victim of reproductive coercion, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE or the National Dating Abuse Helpline at 1-866-331-9474.

Read more: More men are sabotaging women's birth control to get them pregnant: ACOG - NY Daily News

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
More men are poking holes in condoms and swiping women's birth control in a sneaky effort to get them pregnant, a shocking study reveals.

It's a scary sex trend doctors are calling "reproductive coercion," and new research suggests it's not just young women in abusive relationships who are at risk, as researchers previously thought.

"Having a woman say, 'My partner's not hurting me or hitting me' doesn't mean he's not trying to get her pregnant against her will," Rebecca Levenson of Futures Without Violence, which helps educate doctors about the unique form of abuse, told the Daily News.

I doubt that if the genders are reversed, the harpies that contributed to the publishing of this article would have a problem with it.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
I doubt that if the genders are reversed, the harpies that contributed to the publishing of this article would have a problem with it.

The real story. "When you thought you was gonna lose the nikka, you went it got pregnant."

Keep a bytch baby :what:, naw, The ole Keep a nikka baby.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hy8GKrW6Hc"]Ed Ucation DR Dre 2001 - YouTube[/ame]

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
It happens

shyt I know nikkas who want/have kids for the sake of having them all consequences ignored.....

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Why the fucc would a nygga do this type of bullshyt :why:
Gotta be lames that out kicked the coverage and/or have mental issues. Why set yourself up but I know most probably all these cats are broke dudes. I can't see some guy with shyt to lose doing this.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Gotta be lames that out kicked the coverage and/or have mental issues. Why set yourself up but I know most probably all these cats are broke dudes. I can't see some guy with shyt to lose doing this.

shiiiiitttt, even when I was broke, I wasn't on this type of foolishness. fukk that :whoa: