Essential Men of the Coli Reveal Yourself

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does kwenu mean? Im Yoruba my fellow Nigerian brother.

Igbo Kwenu is something that we say whenever Igbos gather. Its to show solidarity and agreement.

How to explain it... its like when someone says "can i get an amen?" and everyone responds "amen"

Were you born in America? Or back home in the west?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Igbo Kwenu is something that we say whenever Igbos gather. Its to show solidarity and agreement.

How to explain it... its like when someone says "can i get an amen?" and everyone responds "amen"

Were you born in America? Or back home in the west?
My mom was pregnant with me here but went back and had me there. Came here when I was 2 and haven't been back since. My dad goes every year though. I understand the language fluently, but can only say phrases. My two brothers were born here, and my sister over there.

What about you?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mom was pregnant with me here but went back and had me there. Came here when I was 2 and haven't been back since. My dad goes every year though. I understand the language fluently, but can only say phrases. My two brothers were born here, and my sister over there.

What about you?

That's interesting that she chose to have you there as opposed to here. :jbhmm:

I was the last one to be born in Nigeria. We moved to England when I was pretty young. And then we came stateside a few years later. I'm like you, I used to speak it and understand it fluently. Now I've spent the past year relearning how to speak it because my Igbo has gotten :flabbynsick:.

I'm going back again for Christmas.

I also plan to live there for a year before I get married.:youngsabo:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
That's interesting that she chose to have you there as opposed to here. :jbhmm:

I was the last one to be born in Nigeria. We moved to England when I was pretty young. And then we came stateside a few years later. I'm like you, I used to speak it and understand it fluently. Now I've spent the past year relearning how to speak it because my Igbo has gotten :flabbynsick:.

I'm going back again for Christmas.

I also plan to live there for a year before I get married.:youngsabo:
She told me she didn't want to, but my dad made her. I'm not sure why though. She had my older brother who's a year older then me in the states though. I got a lot of family in England, never been there though. My parents' fathers had around 9+ wives each. People think Polygamy is a good thing, but it negatively impacted my folks. Plus most of your wives having boyfriends on the side isn't something you want.

Not sure if I'm ever going to learn Yoruba. I don't know how to read or write it at all. I wanna pass a language down to my children though.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She told me she didn't want to, but my dad made her. I'm not sure why though. She had my older brother who's a year older then me in the states though. I got a lot of family in England, never been there though. My parents' fathers had around 9+ wives each. People think Polygamy is a good thing, but it negatively impacted my folks. Plus most of your wives having boyfriends on the side isn't something you want.

Not sure if I'm ever going to learn Yoruba. I don't know how to read or write it at all. I wanna pass a language down to my children though.

Hmm, that would be worth asking your dad.

And yeah I wanna learn how to read and write igbo correctly too, but lets be real, even Igbo people (who have never left Nigeria) don't write in Igbo properly

Last edited:

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
s5cpqg.jpg

68vggy.jpg

t0233b.jpg

2u4u6qf.jpg